A wonderful tool that has evolutionized to the new needs in business.
Rodolfo Pinera | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2018

A wonderful tool that has evolutionized to the new needs in business.

Overall Satisfaction with SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) Platform

Recently, I did for production a report sales in WebIntelligence, which started with 30 users and the main heads in company, and now are in process for 100 users. Additionally I am in a project for Finance users, the objective is to create a set of reports in Web Intelligence and a dashboard in Design Studio.
  • We can expand results for a lot of users in a short time.
  • The tool WebIntelligence is easy for the user and the training also is in a short time.
  • It is possible to inherit the security that is implemented in SAP BW.
  • Funcional users can be independent for generating your own analytics.
  • I am using WebI 4.1, and I think it has deficiency in a variety of charts, for example vs Power BI.
  • I generate my principal reports from BW querys, would be wonderful if for example in IDT if I could edit the BW query in like a: change names, create folders, new ratios...
  • Some times when I need change the data source in special from a BW query, is difficult.
It is unlike any other platform.
Throughout the universe I think you have a lot of options. But I think Webi need to evolve for connections like PowerBi, connections to web pages or a relational data base like a Mongo DB. Even connections to HANA, for me it is more easy use HANA view in a universe, because here I can modify a reorganize the dimensions and ratios.
The launch pad platform is very useful, If I could in a WebI report share in like a digital boardroom of SAC, it would be wonderful.
I think that some times the restrictions are only in costs. But for me, WebIntelligence can be adapted in many situations, a lot or a few users, a lot of data or a little data...

SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) Platform Feature Ratings

Pixel Perfect reports
Customizable dashboards
Report Formatting Templates
Drill-down analysis
Formatting capabilities
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Versioning
Report Delivery Scheduling
Delivery to Remote Servers
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Predictive Analytics
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Single Sign-On (SSO)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dedicated iOS Application
Dedicated Android Application
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
Customizable Platform (Open Source)