SAP Quality Engineer Review
Bryan Arroyo Fernandez | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 19, 2018

SAP Quality Engineer Review

Overall Satisfaction with SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) Platform

SAP BusinessObjects is currently being used by several departments within my company. In the case of my department (Quality), it is used to produce purchase order reports based on the material or supplier being investigated.
  • PO Reports by Supplier and Material
  • Stock Overview reports
  • Processing of POs
  • Needs to work on the user interface. It is not particularly user friendly
  • No support on Mac computers
SAP BusinessObjects is the only system of its kind that I've tried.
SAP Data connectivity is in real time even when you produce/evaluate in different geographies within my company. ​As a Supplier Quality Engineer, I've got the chance to evaluate several ERP programs (particularly when evaluating supplier quality systems). I have concluded that the biggest shortfall for ERP systems is lack of data centralization, which creates the need to go to multiple systems/departments to gather all the information that may be needed. This is especially true for companies with multiple sites manufacturing similar products and using different/local ERP systems.

In my current company, we used SAP in all geographies. This also includes integrating SAP as the ERP system for the need companies that we acquire. This gives us tremendous leverage when investigating a quality issue across multiple sites.
SAP is good at doing queries. On the other hand, when exporting reports to Excel or another format, SAP BusinessObjects has a weird set of steps to get through the request. For that reason, most of the time when my teams need to share a report from BusinessObjects we take a screenshot of it and send it over email.
SAP BuisnessObjects BI is great when used as a database. Not so great if the user wants to use it as a dashboard. Based on the access level I've been to SAP I can't create graphs in SAP directly. To do so I must export the data to excel and use this application for all my reporting needs. Its also important to note that the exporting function Spreadsheet for PO's tends to download symbols that are translated as pictures in the middle of the data table

SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) Platform Feature Ratings

Pixel Perfect reports
Customizable dashboards
Report Formatting Templates
Drill-down analysis
Formatting capabilities
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to PDF
Report Versioning
Report Delivery Scheduling
Delivery to Remote Servers
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Predictive Analytics
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Single Sign-On (SSO)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
REST API
Javascript API
iFrames
Java API
Themeable User Interface (UI)
Customizable Platform (Open Source)