SciQuest is managed by our Procurement department, and used by budgetary lead appointed purchasing representatives from each department. All purchases orders begin as purchase requisitions, generated by those reps. All contracts are managed in SciQuest with key information identified including dates, stakeholders, renewal review questions, and related documents. SciQuest allows our Procurement department to focus on sourcing and cost avoidance strategies while still having oversight of all purchases, and enables the departments to channel their requisition efforts into creating the purchase order itself.
- Customer Service - They provide quarterly account reviews on how to optimize your configuration.
- Development - They continually add and optimize.
- Supplier Relationships - They are big enough that many suppliers already work with them.
- Integration - It has limitations integrating with Great Plains.
- Administrator Interface - It seems very manual to make certain types of configuration changes for accounting codes and rules.
- Reference Material - They don't make it, but they can likely get you someone else's.
- Reduced time to complete a purchase order
- More spend under control of procurement
- Greater visibility to end users on procurement process and order details
Its working and we are committed to using it.
Are you big enough to where you want to enable end users to draft their own purchase orders? Are your suppliers willing to participate? What is your ERP, and what SciQuest modules are you looking at? Do you have the resources required for the implementation? Do you have many contracts to manage?