Overall Satisfaction with Scoop.it Content Director
I first began with Scoop.it to discover and share interesting articles with other writers, authors, and aspiring authors. Daily I scour the web for news and changing trends in the self-publishing industry. As an author, I use it to help build my platform and position myself as an expert. As I progressed, I found Scoop.it very powerful in enabling me to share content--and share it quickly. If I find an article worth sharing, I can use the Scoop.it bookmarklet to grab it, write my review, set up relevant tags for SEO, share on multiple social media networks, and even publish to my blog! Content curation with Scoop.it has helped me sharpen my writing and social media skills, learn, teach, and interact with other professionals. Oh, and it's fun, too!
- Provides suggestions daily for each of your topics depending on keywords you choose. There is no guesswork about what to share.
- Allows sharing of your content to various social media outlets with the touch of a button. Your content gets spread quickly.
- Your own beautiful front page functions as your website. It shows the curator profile, and all your topics.
- Low Adoption rate by social media users. Most writers still don't understand how it can benefit their author platform.
- Pricing for business version can be a bit out of the league of most writers. Full version is $79/month. You can always use the free version.
If you're trying to establish yourself as a expert in your field, Scoop.it is a wonderful platform to do this. First ask yourself: Who is my target audience? What am I trying to achieve by using content curation? How will my audience benefit from the information I compile? What is the ease in getting started? How does the platform help me find my topics? How well does the platform help me share?
Using Scoop.it Content Director
I love the ease of use, beautiful profile page each user receives, and the ability to share on multiple platforms with the touch of a button. If you don't have articles to share, Scoop.it provides suggestions for you daily. Anyone can set up a page in minutes, set up topics, choose relevant keywords, and begin! It's really that simple.