SmartSearch is used as our Applicant Tracking System (ATS). It is also used to create and manage our job requisitions and is the portal to the careers page of our company’s internet site. SmartSearch is extremely user friendly and is capable of adapting to our company’s needs, no matter how small or intense they may be. SmartSearch’s capabilities also grew as we grew as a company. They are constantly coming out with new and exciting tools to enhance our user experience.
- Helpdesk/ Customer Support - Very rarely are there any issues or problems with SmartSearch itself, but my team excels at weeding out new and challenging hurdles that require SmartSearch assistance, the SmartSearch Helpdesk team has always been very friendly and customer focused, always willing to go the extra distance to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- SmartSearch made its system very intuitive, so if you have worked on any other applicant tracking systems before, it will be quite easy for you to pick up.
- Search Parameters - SmartSearch has made their database work very much like a major job board with its boolean capabilities. It is a great feature to search through your candidate database.
- For Administrators - ability to track users log in/out traffic could be reworked a bit for better visibility.
- Platform issues - sometimes you have to jump between firefox or internet explorer because certain parts of SmartSearch works better on different platforms. It would be nice if it would all work the same on any platform.
- The only other thing is their hours. They are West Coast, we are East Coast. Although they start very early on the West Coast, they are still three hours behind.
- SmartSearch is great for running reports (time to fill, job report, hires by source, any many more)
- Manages your open jobs and helps to set priorities based on open/funded, proposal efforts, or best athlete type positions
- Tracks and manages your contacts and departments and jobs associated with each
In my career I have worked with SmartSearch, LEADS, Maxhire, SonicRecruit, USetemps, Elance/ESource, Vurv, Hirezone, CyberRecruiter, and Taleo. SmartSearch is better than most and by far the most user-friendly.
The key thing with SmartSearch is like I said before. This is a product that grows with your company and your company's needs. That is the kind of product I would like to keep using.