Company Website Posting (17)
Job Requisition Management (17)
Resume Management (17)
Job Search Site Posting (17)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Publish to Social Media
- Supported: Job Search Site Posting
- Supported: Customized Application Form
- Supported: Resume Management
- Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
- Supported: Candidate Search
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Collaboration
- Supported: Task Creation and Delegation
- Supported: Email Templates
- Supported: User Permissions
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
- Supported: Reporting
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Too many options
- Needed to customize to make user friendly
The developer who developed this was clearly not a recruiter and therefore it was not very intuitive.
- Job posting integration.
- Requisition workflow management.
- Offer workflow management.
- Candidate search usability.
- Customer support/partnering.
- Global development support.
- Some latency issues in China and India.
- User interfaces have improved but can always find ease of use improvements.
- The search functions are outstanding. It is the reason we originally went with SmartSearch many years ago. The ability to do very simple or complex searches gives the recruiting staff great flexibility in how they look for and narrow down candidates.
- The hire and onboarding traks allow us to create very specific processes we want our staff to follow to insure a consistent and repeatable result. I can create traks that can be very general or traks that literally provide emails and reminders to all of the players (recruiters, managers, candidates, etc...) every step of the way. This is particularly helpful where we have customers who have extremely stringent contractual guidelines that must be followed.
- Support. Their customer support is second to none. We always joke that they are our favorite vendor to deal with.... Anytime we have an issue or question. They are there to walk us through it. The training is on target and the staff has always been friendly and more than eager to help make us successful with the tool.
- Would like to see some additional reporting options. There are some very powerful reporting tools in the software but they are not very intuitive for the basic user.
We have been using SmartSearch for more than 24 years. We started out on one of the first versions because we liked the company and the direction they were taking. SmartSearch has not always been the tool with the flashiest features.... but it has always had some of the best features. They have always been of the cutting edge of the next technology and have the tools and features that make SmartSearch a complete solution. We have not seen anything else out in the marketplace that has encouraged us to change.
- Captures the activities during the recruiting process such as emailing as notes in the system.
- Is integrated to social media such as LinkedIn.
- Is integrated with MS Outlook.
- provides excellent reports.
- customer service is exceptional.
- Is a trusted partner.
- I frankly cannot think of any areas of improvement.
- I am very pleased with all aspects of the software.
- Electronic signing of offer letters and additional documents.
- There is a nice candidate workflow.
- Daily imports of our ADP tables for job information.
- Timely response to issues.
- More than 1 person at the company who understands the client's configuration.
- Additional focus on non-recruiting clients.
- Customization - the team at SmartSearch always tries to find a solution that works for our company specifically.
- Customer Care - the team actually cares and is concerned about the well-being of our business. They help us solve issues as if they worked for us and this feeling is felt at every level of the organization beginning with their President.
- Technology - I have used multiple ATSs and demoed many, many more. SmartSearch has superior technology for staffing firm; the technology that helps us recruit and fill jobs faster.
- Listening - the team at SmartSearch actually listens to us and our concerns whether it's regarding a feature for an upgrade or simply solving an issue we are facing.
- Common Sense - there have been many times in our relationship when we have asked about a feature and we hear "that makes sense, we will make that change for all of our customers"...listening is rare and they do it well.
- With any upgrade, there can be small bugs or glitches. Whenever these pop up, the team at SmartSearch is quick to attack them and fix the issues as soon as possible.
- ATS - Tracking applicants across multiple customers and job openings was a piece of cake.
- Communication among users was so easy.
- Customer Service. The team at SmartSearch was always available for a quick and painless Q&A.
- I don't think I have anything to add here.
- SmartSearch is affordable. Most other systems like this cost more.
- SmartSearch has great staff, knowledgeable and long-term.
- SmartSearch automated tasks are very helpful.
- SmartSearch has a steep learning curve if you want to extensively use the features like automated tasks and the report writer
- Technical support is spotty and sometimes very frustrating, they don't respond for weeks at a time.
- SmartSearch user interface is old and has far less ability to customize the interface than other tracking systems
- SmartSearch has virtually no ability to connect directly with other software and allows now other software to connect in - so no Microsoft Flow, no Zapier, no mail parser, etc. and since Smart Search capabilities are limited, not being able to integrate it with other platforms easily is unfortunate.
SmartSearch is less suited for an environment in which robust reporting or tracking is required - the built-in reports are limited, the report writer is difficult to use and there are no real capabilities to interface directly with other applications like Microsoft Flow, Zapier, mailparser, etc. Consequently, one cannot take advantage of external tech capabilities to make up for the lack of capabilities in SmartSearch.
The responsiveness of tech support is spotty. Currently, we have been waiting almost three months to receive a resolution on the integration of Zip Recruiter, our job postings are not getting out to Zip Recruiter which, as a recruiting agency, is a death blow. (Their tech support people are great and most have been there a long time, it is the responsiveness that is the weak link.) Sometimes they respond very quickly and then out of the blue you get nothing.
- When a company is a new client, SmartSearch ATS does an excellent job of bringing functionality to their client very quickly, usually within a couple of weeks. Their training program is designed so even non-technical users may use their SmartSearch ATS quickly.
- The Customer Support Team at SmartSearch ATS are off the charts great for jumping on problems quickly and solving them. Sometimes the problems are created by other vendors who link with SmartSearch ATS. Even then SmartSearch resolves the problem. My advice? Expect a happy resolution the rare times you have a problem.
- The Development Team at SmartSearch ATS have been around for many years. While the fundamentals of the SmartSearch ATS software are mature, the nature of the ATS software business is constant change. SmartSearch ATS does a wonderful job staying up to date. There is no need to bleed at cutting edge. Give me up to date and stability any day! SmartSearch ATS provides both.
- When you create a new job posting, you are required to pick a field from "miscellaneous export information". Camera Operator and Makeup Artists are choices. Web Developers are not a choice. I don't get that.
Of course, as in any product choice, the product needs to match the company requirements. SmartSearch ATS solves tracking problems very well for small to medium sized companies - a nice broad market in itself. SmartSearch ATS would not be a good enterprise ATS choice. It is not designed to be.
Based on my experience, a strong enterprise ATS does not currently exist. Most do a better job driving away passive candidates than attracting them.
With SmartSearch ATS, it is possible to make it easy for passive candidates to indicate their interest.
How many positions will you need to post over the next year?
How many candidates will you need to track?
How many company employees will need to access SmartSearch ATS to track candidates?
What types of reporting do you require?
What is your budget?
Is the standard SmartSearch ATS fine for your company or will you need to customize?
Would you like your ATS to mirror image your website? SmartSearch ATS does.
- Easy to use and very flexible. There are a lot of ways to customize it to your company's needs - both on the ATS and CRM sides.
- Excellent customer service - every single SmartSearch team member has been professional, friendly and very quick to answer questions and help with solutions. Plus, they do great follow up!
- They offer wonderful webinars on how to better utilize the product and provide access to some industry experts that are extremely beneficial.
- There's some room for improvement with candidate status. If you change a status, you have to refresh your screen for that to appear. It's a minor thing.
- It would be nice to hide certain bits of information on the web posting, but keep that information in the requisition for our records, ie, salary range, etc.
- Great for keeping candidates well organized, especially if you have them submitted to multiple job orders. Each job order will create its own "hire track" which makes it easy to keep an eye on where a candidate is in the hiring process.
- Easily identifies duplicate applicants and candidates through comparison of a number of details and not just name - including the phone number, email, and location - but still affords you the opportunity to double check and ensure a candidate is, in fact, a duplicate entry
- For larger organizations, SmartSearch is wonderful in helping to identify the appropriate company contacts working on various positions across the US. If I am working with a candidate interested in a posting he saw for a job in Kentucky, I can locate the account manager and recruiter for the position within minutes.
- No ability to "tag" coworkers. My organization tracks certain metrics such as candidate submittals, interviews, and call connects. If I work with another recruiter on a position, there is no way to tag both recruiters to ensure each gets credit for their work.
- Job orders can only be assigned to one recruiter, one sourcer, and one account manager. Similar to my other point, this can be very restricting. For example, on my Dashboard, I have a list of "open jobs". If I am not listed as the recruiter or sourcer for the job order, it can be very cumbersome to attach candidates to the hiring track for that position if I do not have the JO# written down elsewhere.
- Something I wish SmartSearch (and many other platforms) offered is some pre-set tutorials to go through. SmartSearch seems to have a lot of features that I am not taking advantage of, simply because I do not know they exist or how to use them.
SmartSearch is less appropriate for sourcing passive candidates. Although it keeps previous applicants and candidates stored internally, their information is typically not current and thus not really ideal for reaching out to passive candidates that would actually be a good fit for any roles you are recruiting on.
- Flexible and customizable
- Robustness of both technology and the product
- Data Migration., Training, and Customer Service
- Nothing that I can think of at this point.
- Applicant tracking system
- Advanced searches
- Simple user interface
- Would be nice if the application was in a mobile app
- Faster results
- Associate employees with companies and manage that way
- SmartSearch ATS is great as an applicant tracking system. It is very easy to use, but could use some tweaking.
- SmartSearch ATS is really great for easily posting to free job boards.
- SmartSearch ATS has a lot of applications and allows a lot of template creations for every different point of the process.
- SmartSearch ATS is VERY temperamental. It is hard to move around from one page to another without losing all data.
- SmartSearch ATS reporting is awful. There are not a lot of reports that you can pull as cleanly as I have found on other ATSs.
- SmartSearch ATS is very hard to train new people on. It is confusing and there are different ways of doing things.
- It is adaptable/customizable. Our department has a very particular process we move through when interviewing and we were able to customize a hire track. As an individual, you can customize your workspace, showing specifically what you need in your "WIP" (works in progress) and "Dashboard."
- SmartSearch Outlook Toolbar. This handy little tool has saved me personally hours of work. If a candidate sends me a resume, with the click of one button, I can quickly load him into SmartSearch. You can also easily add emails to the "Notes" section to keep track of communication with the candidate.
- Web-based, therefore accessible from anywhere. If I am out of the office working, I can still get exactly what I need because it not sitting on my hard drive in my office.
- The search function is not perfect. Sometimes with a simple search of candidates in my area, I only get three results, even though I know for a fact there are others in the system. I know some of it has to do with what format the resume was loaded into SmartSearch.
- Candidates can apply for a job without attaching a resume. They have to fill out some basic information, but apparently are not required to submit a resume. It doesn't happen often, but we've had it happen a number of times.
- There are so many functions/uses for SmartSearch, it can be overwhelming. When I first started using it, there was no training program and I was taught as I went. There were so many things I didn't learn...I am still picking up on new things to this day. I have noticed that recently there have been some more tutorials and webinars added, but when I started, there were not many at all.
- Some of the export functions could be improved. When jobs are exported to Monster or Careerbuilder, they sometimes mess with the formatting. We always have to double check the posting to make sure that it does not look bad (extra spaces, font changes, etc).
- Org charts
- Searching locations
- Finding the employees needed for a job
- I cant think of any at this time.
- Organizational Automation - Too often a stack of paperwork on someone's desk takes a long time to process. This decreases the lag time by automatically routing paperwork to the proper party.
- Business Process Transparency - Along with the lag time mentioned above, other parties down the assembly line from a lag point are usually kept in the dark as far as where they are in a given business process. SmartSearch provides everyone involved in a business process or document workflow a clear view of its status, and who to talk to if there is a lag.
- IT Skill Needed - Although the basic functions are easy to implement for anyone regardless of their IT skill level, it takes someone with significant IT aptitude to implement the best parts of the software.
- Easy flow of candidate processing.
- Very simple to use, easy to learn.
- It is aesthetically easy on the eyes with customization options.
- It is very slow during certain times of the day.
- The dashboard does not load and it seems like it crashes.
- When trying to process resumes added to the system, it sometimes just deletes the data, forcing you to start the whole process again.
- It seriously moves really slow and you have to exit out of the program and restart to try and make it work.
- Certain links do not load the first time, forcing you to reload and hope they show up on the screen.
- Allowing to see candidates from our whole organization
- Seeing what open job requisitions we have, or which ones that I'm assigned to
- Matching skill sets of like candidates when a similar job requisition comes out that we have used in the past
- Can run really slow and get bogged down sometimes.
- With SmartSearch ATS you can email blasts to prospective candidates. Instead of sending out emails one by one you can choose as many email addresses you want and send one email to all of them. Big time saver!
- SmartSearch ATS connects you to all the resumes at CareerBuilder and Monster without having to go to the sites. This also saves time.
- SmartSearch ATS not only connects you to all the resumes specific to what you are looking for, but once you screen them, it allows you to attach the candidates to the open jobs so that your team can review them later on.
- SmartSearch ATS allows you to attach documents and contracts in the open jobs. This is handy. It puts all the necessary documents in one place for ease of review.
- Sometimes when you hit the "back" arrow it messes up the functionality of SmartSearch ATS.
- Easy Navigation
- Well Built
- More customization in the tool. An easier way to edit and put any box in whatever format on the dashboard.
- Applicant tracking. SmartSearch does a fine job of syncing our emails in the system.
- Note taking. SmartSearch allows for notes to be attached to client and contractor profiles.
- Resume storage. SmartSearch allows recruiters to pull updated resumes from contractor profiles.
- I would like to see the speed improved.
- Spell check
- Default home page needs to be edited.
- Helpdesk/ Customer Support - Very rarely are there any issues or problems with SmartSearch itself, but my team excels at weeding out new and challenging hurdles that require SmartSearch assistance, the SmartSearch Helpdesk team has always been very friendly and customer focused, always willing to go the extra distance to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- SmartSearch made its system very intuitive, so if you have worked on any other applicant tracking systems before, it will be quite easy for you to pick up.
- Search Parameters - SmartSearch has made their database work very much like a major job board with its boolean capabilities. It is a great feature to search through your candidate database.
- For Administrators - ability to track users log in/out traffic could be reworked a bit for better visibility.
- Platform issues - sometimes you have to jump between firefox or internet explorer because certain parts of SmartSearch works better on different platforms. It would be nice if it would all work the same on any platform.
- The only other thing is their hours. They are West Coast, we are East Coast. Although they start very early on the West Coast, they are still three hours behind.
- I like it better than other ATS I have used in the past because it utilizes very little system resources. Unlike other ATS I have used it has never frozen my computer or caused it to crash.
- It is very customizable. You can easily edit your default view to give you access to any information you may need. This significantly increases productivity.
- It has a great search function. You can quickly search most aspects of candidates, job orders, or contacts to find the information you need quickly.
- Once in a blue moon, when searching within the radius of a zip code, I find that the information is lacking in the ATS.
- The searches can be at times confusing, especially when searching job orders.
- Search integration with popular job boards such as Monster and CareerBuilder make for simple searches to maximize results.
- HireTrak allows smooth transition through the hiring process.
- WIP is great. It makes it easy to efficiently maximize your daily productivity.
- Adding a contact to a job. The auto-populate feature doesn't always seem to work in accurately identifying the correct business contact to assign an order under
- When copying and pasting a job description from MS Word to SmartSearch, it often alters the format causing me to reformat.