https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/gM/lg/3T761O09QLNR.PNGGreat ATS!We use SmartSearch as an applicant tracking system. SmartSearch also pushes out our job postings to multiple websites, including CareerBuilder and our company website. SmartSearch allows us to track applicants all the way from application to hire, including adding candidates that have been sourced externally, through platforms such as LinkedIn Talent, Indeed, etc. Once an offer is extended by a client, we are able to use SmartSearch to initiate onboarding and track items such as AWGP, gross margin, and more.,Great for keeping candidates well organized, especially if you have them submitted to multiple job orders. Each job order will create its own "hire track" which makes it easy to keep an eye on where a candidate is in the hiring process. Easily identifies duplicate applicants and candidates through comparison of a number of details and not just name - including the phone number, email, and location - but still affords you the opportunity to double check and ensure a candidate is, in fact, a duplicate entry For larger organizations, SmartSearch is wonderful in helping to identify the appropriate company contacts working on various positions across the US. If I am working with a candidate interested in a posting he saw for a job in Kentucky, I can locate the account manager and recruiter for the position within minutes.,No ability to "tag" coworkers. My organization tracks certain metrics such as candidate submittals, interviews, and call connects. If I work with another recruiter on a position, there is no way to tag both recruiters to ensure each gets credit for their work. Job orders can only be assigned to one recruiter, one sourcer, and one account manager. Similar to my other point, this can be very restricting. For example, on my Dashboard, I have a list of "open jobs". If I am not listed as the recruiter or sourcer for the job order, it can be very cumbersome to attach candidates to the hiring track for that position if I do not have the JO# written down elsewhere. Something I wish SmartSearch (and many other platforms) offered is some pre-set tutorials to go through. SmartSearch seems to have a lot of features that I am not taking advantage of, simply because I do not know they exist or how to use them.,7,I am not involved in the budgeting or finance for recruiting software, so cannot speak directly to any numbers for ROI. However, SmartSearch personally saves me several hours a day in organizing candidates, thus saving my company substantial amounts in productivity. The lacking ability to tag additional recruiters throughout the hire track process means whoever onboards the hire has to ensure that a "split" is marked when completing the NHS. Failure to do so can result in quite a lot of lost time from HR to get the mistake fixed.,LinkedIn Talent and ZipRecruiter,LinkedIn Talent, ZipRecruiter, BambooHRSmartSearch is a great ATS!As a recruitment process outsourcing company, we used SmartSearch for both our internal hires and customer candidate tracking. It was a great ATS and easy to use. User-friendly dashboards. As one of the administrators, adding new users and specifying their access requirements was a smooth process. As the scheduler of all internal interviews, it was an easy way to track when a candidate was ready for scheduling, when the interview was complete and great for sharing notes on the candidates.,ATS - Tracking applicants across multiple customers and job openings was a piece of cake. Communication among users was so easy. Customer Service. The team at SmartSearch was always available for a quick and painless Q&A.,I don't think I have anything to add here.,8,ADP Enterprise eTIME, Paylocity Web Pay and Greenhouse,Salesforce App Cloud, Paylocity Web Pay, YouEarnedItSmartSearch ATS is SMART!SmartSearch ATS is being used in my company both as an Applicant Tracking System for my RecruiterGuy.com contract recruiter/consulting business and as a Customer Records Management System for my public speaking business SpeakBill.com. It solves my problem of tracking jobs, candidates, managers, posting jobs for Internet Aggregators to scrape, and tracking activity for clients and my businesses.,When a company is a new client, SmartSearch ATS does an excellent job of bringing functionality to their client very quickly, usually within a couple of weeks. Their training program is designed so even non-technical users may use their SmartSearch ATS quickly. The Customer Support Team at SmartSearch ATS are off the charts great for jumping on problems quickly and solving them. Sometimes the problems are created by other vendors who link with SmartSearch ATS. Even then SmartSearch resolves the problem. My advice? Expect a happy resolution the rare times you have a problem. The Development Team at SmartSearch ATS have been around for many years. While the fundamentals of the SmartSearch ATS software are mature, the nature of the ATS software business is constant change. SmartSearch ATS does a wonderful job staying up to date. There is no need to bleed at cutting edge. Give me up to date and stability any day! SmartSearch ATS provides both.,When you create a new job posting, you are required to pick a field from "miscellaneous export information". Camera Operator and Makeup Artists are choices. Web Developers are not a choice. I don't get that.,10,My business is a small business. I have been a SmartSearch ATS client since 2004, through good economies and poor economies. The return on investment has to be there. SmartSearch ATS has a great return on my investment. As I mentioned previously the customer support at SmartSearch ATS is off the charts great! That means less down time and much more UP time! I am recognized as an expert in recruitment or talent acquisition. SmartSearch ATS helps me keep that recognition.,,1,,Posting positions for internet aggregators to scrape Tracking candidate activity Tracking resumes CRM for clients,As a CRM for my public speaking business - SpeakBill.com,Right now I feel I am fully utilizing SmartSearch ATS but I will try new solutions with this product when I face new problems.,10,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Third-party Reviews,Actually I am happy with my process for selecting an ATS. I have been a third party recruiter since 1981. My process asks the right questions that enable me to make the best selection for my client or my business. SmartSearch ATS obviously is the best selection for my business since 2004.,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled,None,10,No,10,Yes,SmartSearch ATS ALWAYS provides me with exceptional support. I believe I have documented that fairly well. If we could just figure out the miscellaneous export information that is controlled by a third party, life would be excellent!,Loading resumes is easy. Searching resumes in my SmartSearch ATS is easy. Posting positions on RecruiterGuy.jobs is easy - and I also use it to demonstrate why clients should consider a .JOBS TDL.,None,Yes,10,10Great System, Great ServiceWe use SmartSearch ATS for our recruiting services as well as our CRM. It helps us keep our recruiting efforts in line and provides excellent reporting and tracking of activities. As a CRM, its been very helpful with tracking pre-close and post-close clients. We are about to launch our marketing program utilizing the various tools in SmartSearch.,Easy to use and very flexible. There are a lot of ways to customize it to your company's needs - both on the ATS and CRM sides. Excellent customer service - every single SmartSearch team member has been professional, friendly and very quick to answer questions and help with solutions. Plus, they do great follow up! They offer wonderful webinars on how to better utilize the product and provide access to some industry experts that are extremely beneficial.,There's some room for improvement with candidate status. If you change a status, you have to refresh your screen for that to appear. It's a minor thing. It would be nice to hide certain bits of information on the web posting, but keep that information in the requisition for our records, ie, salary range, etc.,10,Increased employee efficiency in the ATS realm. It allows us to provide updated information to our recruiting customers. Strong ability to use broadcast emails as a marketing tool to our clients.,Bullhorn,Taleo,Bond,CareerBuilder,Compass,HireDesk,iCIMS Talent Acquisition Software Suite,Mindscope,PC Recruiter,TalentRover,5,Implemented in-houseMost Flexible Product & ServiceAfter evaluating several other products in the market, we found SmartSearch to be most flexible one out there. We later on visited their site and met their executive. Their transparency and flexibility were keys to our selection process. The data migration from a totally different platform went VERY smoothly as they had done a great amount of preparation. The product has exceeded our expectation. This product is used by several departments in our firm including both front and back office staff members.,Flexible and customizable Robustness of both technology and the product Data Migration., Training, and Customer Service,Nothing that I can think of at this point.,10,Detailed and real-time reporting are very powerful in managing both the business and the teams. Integration with 3rd party tools offers exceptional efficiencies. Improving in internal communications.,,10,10,10
SmartSearch

SmartSearch Reviews

SmartSearch
Filter 29 vetted SmartSearch reviews and ratings
May 10, 2018

SmartSearch Review: "Great ATS!"

• Great for keeping candidates well organized, especially if you have them submitted to multiple job orders. Each job order will create its own "hire track" which makes it easy to keep an eye on where a candidate is in the hiring process.
  • Easily identifies duplicate applicants and candidates through comparison of a number of details and not just name - including the phone number, email, and location - but still affords you the opportunity to double check and ensure a candidate is, in fact, a duplicate entry
  • For larger organizations, SmartSearch is wonderful in helping to identify the appropriate company contacts working on various positions across the US. If I am working with a candidate interested in a posting he saw for a job in Kentucky, I can locate the account manager and recruiter for the position within minutes.
  • No ability to "tag" coworkers. My organization tracks certain metrics such as candidate submittals, interviews, and call connects. If I work with another recruiter on a position, there is no way to tag both recruiters to ensure each gets credit for their work.
  • Job orders can only be assigned to one recruiter, one sourcer, and one account manager. Similar to my other point, this can be very restricting. For example, on my Dashboard, I have a list of "open jobs". If I am not listed as the recruiter or sourcer for the job order, it can be very cumbersome to attach candidates to the hiring track for that position if I do not have the JO# written down elsewhere.
  • Something I wish SmartSearch (and many other platforms) offered is some pre-set tutorials to go through. SmartSearch seems to have a lot of features that I am not taking advantage of, simply because I do not know they exist or how to use them.
Well suited for tracking applicants from start to finish. Being able to use SmartSearch to push job postings out to major job boards is very helpful in attracting active candidates and keeping them well organized.

SmartSearch is less appropriate for sourcing passive candidates. Although it keeps previous applicants and candidates stored internally, their information is typically not current and thus not really ideal for reaching out to passive candidates that would actually be a good fit for any roles you are recruiting on.
November 06, 2017

User Review: "SmartSearch is a great ATS!"

• ATS - Tracking applicants across multiple customers and job openings was a piece of cake.
  • Communication among users was so easy.
  • Customer Service. The team at SmartSearch was always available for a quick and painless Q&A.
  • I don't think I have anything to add here.
It's a great ATS!
Read Meg White's full review
September 30, 2015

User Review: "SmartSearch ATS is SMART!"

• When a company is a new client, SmartSearch ATS does an excellent job of bringing functionality to their client very quickly, usually within a couple of weeks. Their training program is designed so even non-technical users may use their SmartSearch ATS quickly.
  • The Customer Support Team at SmartSearch ATS are off the charts great for jumping on problems quickly and solving them. Sometimes the problems are created by other vendors who link with SmartSearch ATS. Even then SmartSearch resolves the problem. My advice? Expect a happy resolution the rare times you have a problem.
  • The Development Team at SmartSearch ATS have been around for many years. While the fundamentals of the SmartSearch ATS software are mature, the nature of the ATS software business is constant change. SmartSearch ATS does a wonderful job staying up to date. There is no need to bleed at cutting edge. Give me up to date and stability any day! SmartSearch ATS provides both.
  • When you create a new job posting, you are required to pick a field from "miscellaneous export information". Camera Operator and Makeup Artists are choices. Web Developers are not a choice. I don't get that.

Of course, as in any product choice, the product needs to match the company requirements. SmartSearch ATS solves tracking problems very well for small to medium sized companies - a nice broad market in itself. SmartSearch ATS would not be a good enterprise ATS choice. It is not designed to be.

Based on my experience, a strong enterprise ATS does not currently exist. Most do a better job driving away passive candidates than attracting them.

With SmartSearch ATS, it is possible to make it easy for passive candidates to indicate their interest.

How many positions will you need to post over the next year?

How many candidates will you need to track?

How many company employees will need to access SmartSearch ATS to track candidates?

What types of reporting do you require?

What is your budget?

Is the standard SmartSearch ATS fine for your company or will you need to customize?

Would you like your ATS to mirror image your website? SmartSearch ATS does.

Read Bill Humbert's full review
December 23, 2015

SmartSearch Review: "Great System, Great Service"

• Easy to use and very flexible. There are a lot of ways to customize it to your company's needs - both on the ATS and CRM sides.
  • Excellent customer service - every single SmartSearch team member has been professional, friendly and very quick to answer questions and help with solutions. Plus, they do great follow up!
  • They offer wonderful webinars on how to better utilize the product and provide access to some industry experts that are extremely beneficial.
  • There's some room for improvement with candidate status. If you change a status, you have to refresh your screen for that to appear. It's a minor thing.
  • It would be nice to hide certain bits of information on the web posting, but keep that information in the requisition for our records, ie, salary range, etc.
I think the hand off between a CRM and ATS is great. One system - one database. That is a feature we really needed.
Read Michelle Stark's full review
March 18, 2015

SmartSearch Review: "Most Flexible Product & Service"

• Flexible and customizable
  • Robustness of both technology and the product
  • Data Migration., Training, and Customer Service
  • Nothing that I can think of at this point.
It is suited for both single office and multiple office firms.
Read Hadi Asgharzadeh's full review
February 21, 2015

"SmartSearch Review"

SmartSearch was used as an applicant tracking system. It made our lives easier as recruiters. We were able to create searches based on our defined criteria to find the best suited candidates in a quick fashion.
  • Applicant tracking system
  • Advanced searches
  • Simple user interface
  • Would be nice if the application was in a mobile app
  • Faster results
  • Associate employees with companies and manage that way
SmartSearch ATS is less suited when you are looking for new people who just posted a resume. Monster and CareerBuilder would be better choices.
Read Maria Fleischmann's full review
February 18, 2015

SmartSearch Review: "It does the job...."

At Novotus, we use SmartSearch ATS as our internal applicant tracking system for hiring internally. We also use SmartSeach for our one-off clients that we hire a couple positions for sporadically. It is not being used across the entire organization. We use a lot of different applicant tracking systems for all of our different clients.
  • SmartSearch ATS is great as an applicant tracking system. It is very easy to use, but could use some tweaking.
  • SmartSearch ATS is really great for easily posting to free job boards.
  • SmartSearch ATS has a lot of applications and allows a lot of template creations for every different point of the process.
  • SmartSearch ATS is VERY temperamental. It is hard to move around from one page to another without losing all data.
  • SmartSearch ATS reporting is awful. There are not a lot of reports that you can pull as cleanly as I have found on other ATSs.
  • SmartSearch ATS is very hard to train new people on. It is confusing and there are different ways of doing things.
I think that there are other applicant tracking systems that are way easier to use and a lot cleaner. The only time that I like SmartSearch ATS is when it generates an email template whenever I move a candidate over in the process. I can set the template I want and it always pops up and fills in the exact data.
Read Alexis Kruse's full review
December 18, 2014

SmartSearch Review: "Smart Search from a Recruiters POV"

Different divisions of the company use SmartSearch in different ways. I will explain how my division uses it. In our division, it is only recruiting and HR that uses SmartSearch at this time. I work with the recruiting department and we use it for the gathering, interviewing and hiring process of candidates. All resumes we receive are loaded into SmartSearch. These can then be searched or referenced when looking for qualified candidates for positions. All jobs are also loaded into the program and then posted on our company website and shared with a few others. We then track the progress of the interview process within the program. SmartSearch helps keep the recruiting department organized.
  • It is adaptable/customizable. Our department has a very particular process we move through when interviewing and we were able to customize a hire track. As an individual, you can customize your workspace, showing specifically what you need in your "WIP" (works in progress) and "Dashboard."
  • SmartSearch Outlook Toolbar. This handy little tool has saved me personally hours of work. If a candidate sends me a resume, with the click of one button, I can quickly load him into SmartSearch. You can also easily add emails to the "Notes" section to keep track of communication with the candidate.
  • Web-based, therefore accessible from anywhere. If I am out of the office working, I can still get exactly what I need because it not sitting on my hard drive in my office.
  • The search function is not perfect. Sometimes with a simple search of candidates in my area, I only get three results, even though I know for a fact there are others in the system. I know some of it has to do with what format the resume was loaded into SmartSearch.
  • Candidates can apply for a job without attaching a resume. They have to fill out some basic information, but apparently are not required to submit a resume. It doesn't happen often, but we've had it happen a number of times.
  • There are so many functions/uses for SmartSearch, it can be overwhelming. When I first started using it, there was no training program and I was taught as I went. There were so many things I didn't learn...I am still picking up on new things to this day. I have noticed that recently there have been some more tutorials and webinars added, but when I started, there were not many at all.
  • Some of the export functions could be improved. When jobs are exported to Monster or Careerbuilder, they sometimes mess with the formatting. We always have to double check the posting to make sure that it does not look bad (extra spaces, font changes, etc).
SmartSearch ATS is a good program to track candidates and the hiring process.
Read Rachel Hamilton Probst's full review
April 10, 2015

SmartSearch: "review"

I am personally using it to create org charts. I just use it in HR.
  • Org charts
  • Searching locations
  • Finding the employees needed for a job
  • I cant think of any at this time.
SmartSearch ATS is well suited for searching candidates. It is also great for creating offer letters and sending onboarding.
Read Danielle DiPaola's full review
August 19, 2014

Review: "SmartSearch - Increased efficiency through automation and transparency"

SmartSearch is being used by the organization as a whole. Its main purpose is to increase productivity throughout the company. As there are a lot of documents in play at an insurance company, a program like this brings a lot of value. The business problem it addresses is the lag that exists between way-points in the various business processes. With SmartSearch, there is a level of automation that significantly decreases this lag time, and diminishes the possibility of documents falling between the cracks.
  • Organizational Automation - Too often a stack of paperwork on someone's desk takes a long time to process. This decreases the lag time by automatically routing paperwork to the proper party.
  • Business Process Transparency - Along with the lag time mentioned above, other parties down the assembly line from a lag point are usually kept in the dark as far as where they are in a given business process. SmartSearch provides everyone involved in a business process or document workflow a clear view of its status, and who to talk to if there is a lag.
  • IT Skill Needed - Although the basic functions are easy to implement for anyone regardless of their IT skill level, it takes someone with significant IT aptitude to implement the best parts of the software.
SmartSearch is best used in organizations where there is a lot of paperwork in play. This is especially true in Accounts Payable departments that see a large volume of invoices.
Read Gregory Talkington, CAPM's full review
August 21, 2014

"SmartSearch Review"

Synerfac currently uses SmartSearch throughout the entire company to store, and manage candidate resumes to help ease the process of staffing. It is very helpful in keeping everything organized with candidate contact info, daily scheduling and current or past tasks worked on.
  • Easy flow of candidate processing.
  • Very simple to use, easy to learn.
  • It is aesthetically easy on the eyes with customization options.
  • It is very slow during certain times of the day.
  • The dashboard does not load and it seems like it crashes.
  • When trying to process resumes added to the system, it sometimes just deletes the data, forcing you to start the whole process again.
  • It seriously moves really slow and you have to exit out of the program and restart to try and make it work.
  • Certain links do not load the first time, forcing you to reload and hope they show up on the screen.
It's well suited for keeping candidate contact information for easy access.
Read Daniel Spioch's full review
August 20, 2014

"SmartSearch Review"

We use SmartSearch to put in our job requisitions we are recruiting for, and our candidates we find on job boards, LinkedIn, referrals, etc., pertaining to that specific job requisition. We use it across our organization from our Recruiters to our Account Executives to ensure that everyone sees all job requisitions and the candidates that have been submitted.
  • Allowing to see candidates from our whole organization
  • Seeing what open job requisitions we have, or which ones that I'm assigned to
  • Matching skill sets of like candidates when a similar job requisition comes out that we have used in the past
  • Can run really slow and get bogged down sometimes.
SmartSearch makes things run very smoothly for our organization. It allows us to attach candidates to specific jobs so you can refer to them at a later date for a similar job. It allows your Account Executives and recruiters be on the same page by attaching candidates, updating job requirements, and keeping them updated if the job has been closed, re-opened, put on hold, etc.
Read Brady Eagle's full review
August 19, 2014

Review: "SmartSearch ATS - a powerful tool for the staffing industry!"

At TechTrades we utilize SmartSearch ATS every day. We use it to track candidates and open jobs, send email blasts to prospective candidates, and many other uses. SmartSearch is a powerful tool for the staffing industry. It is easy to navigate and has features that are useful for us. We switched to SmartSearch about a year ago and I'm glad that we did.
  • With SmartSearch ATS you can email blasts to prospective candidates. Instead of sending out emails one by one you can choose as many email addresses you want and send one email to all of them. Big time saver!
  • SmartSearch ATS connects you to all the resumes at CareerBuilder and Monster without having to go to the sites. This also saves time.
  • SmartSearch ATS not only connects you to all the resumes specific to what you are looking for, but once you screen them, it allows you to attach the candidates to the open jobs so that your team can review them later on.
  • SmartSearch ATS allows you to attach documents and contracts in the open jobs. This is handy. It puts all the necessary documents in one place for ease of review.
  • Sometimes when you hit the "back" arrow it messes up the functionality of SmartSearch ATS.
SmartSearch ATS is a really powerful tool for anyone in the staffing industry. With features like unlimited email blasts to prospective candidates and unlimited access to all the resumes on CareerBuilder and Monster, matched with the ability to attach and download all the documents specific to each job it really is a powerful tool.
Read Joe Albright's full review
August 20, 2014

SmartSearch Review: "SS rocks."

It is being used by the company that I work for to manage the applicants. It is used across the whole organization.
  • Organization
  • Easy Navigation
  • Well Built
  • More customization in the tool. An easier way to edit and put any box in whatever format on the dashboard.
It is just an all around great ATS.
Read Weston Kruse's full review
April 08, 2014

User Review: "SmartSearch does a tremendous job!"

We use SmartSearch as an applicant tracking tool. Records of conversations, resumes, and customer/client information is all stored through SmartSearch. The entire organization uses the system as it displays deals. The business problems it addresses is organizational issues that may arise without having an applicant tracking tool.
  • Applicant tracking. SmartSearch does a fine job of syncing our emails in the system.
  • Note taking. SmartSearch allows for notes to be attached to client and contractor profiles.
  • Resume storage. SmartSearch allows recruiters to pull updated resumes from contractor profiles.
  • I would like to see the speed improved.
  • Spell check
  • Default home page needs to be edited.
Read Brent McClintock's full review
April 08, 2014

User Review: "SmartSearch - A smart choice!"

SmartSearch is used as our Applicant Tracking System (ATS). It is also used to create and manage our job requisitions and is the portal to the careers page of our company’s internet site. SmartSearch is extremely user friendly and is capable of adapting to our company’s needs, no matter how small or intense they may be. SmartSearch’s capabilities also grew as we grew as a company. They are constantly coming out with new and exciting tools to enhance our user experience.
  • Helpdesk/ Customer Support - Very rarely are there any issues or problems with SmartSearch itself, but my team excels at weeding out new and challenging hurdles that require SmartSearch assistance, the SmartSearch Helpdesk team has always been very friendly and customer focused, always willing to go the extra distance to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
  • SmartSearch made its system very intuitive, so if you have worked on any other applicant tracking systems before, it will be quite easy for you to pick up.
  • Search Parameters - SmartSearch has made their database work very much like a major job board with its boolean capabilities. It is a great feature to search through your candidate database.
  • For Administrators - ability to track users log in/out traffic could be reworked a bit for better visibility.
  • Platform issues - sometimes you have to jump between firefox or internet explorer because certain parts of SmartSearch works better on different platforms. It would be nice if it would all work the same on any platform.
  • The only other thing is their hours. They are West Coast, we are East Coast. Although they start very early on the West Coast, they are still three hours behind.
SmartSearch is great whether you are an independent contractor, small business, or growing into a large business. It is truly a company that caters to your needs.
Read David Clement's full review
April 07, 2015

SmartSearch Review: "Adaptable and User Friendly"

Smart Search is being used company-wide where I work. It makes sure we can retain information for qualified job seekers.
  • I like it better than other ATS I have used in the past because it utilizes very little system resources. Unlike other ATS I have used it has never frozen my computer or caused it to crash.
  • It is very customizable. You can easily edit your default view to give you access to any information you may need. This significantly increases productivity.
  • It has a great search function. You can quickly search most aspects of candidates, job orders, or contacts to find the information you need quickly.
  • Once in a blue moon, when searching within the radius of a zip code, I find that the information is lacking in the ATS.
  • The searches can be at times confusing, especially when searching job orders.
SmartSearch is very adaptable and can work well in any environment. It interacts well with Outlook and outside websites. Due to the fact that it is web based, you need not worry about it taking up your hard drive. It works for both large organizations as well as small ones.
February 27, 2015

Review: "Work Smarter not Harder, SmartSearch ATS is leading the pack in Efficiency!"

SmartSearch is being used across the organization as the primary applicant tracking system. In the staffing industry, an efficient ATS is instrumental in our success. SmartSearch is very user friendly and allows us to effectively streamline our applicant hire process.
  • Search integration with popular job boards such as Monster and CareerBuilder make for simple searches to maximize results.
  • HireTrak allows smooth transition through the hiring process.
  • WIP is great. It makes it easy to efficiently maximize your daily productivity.
  • Adding a contact to a job. The auto-populate feature doesn't always seem to work in accurately identifying the correct business contact to assign an order under
  • When copying and pasting a job description from MS Word to SmartSearch, it often alters the format causing me to reformat.
SmartSearch ATS works well in all aspects in the staffing industry. It doesn't have too many bells and whistles to make it confusing to the average user.
February 20, 2015

Review: "Former user of SmartSearch ATS provides perspective"

SmartSearch was our ATS starting in 1995, we have since retired it as of last fall. The entire Recruitment Dept used it and it was accessible to HR.
  • There are pluses and minuses with all software.
  • It started off as a small company and has expanded over the years.
  • As we grew we realized that customizing the software created issues.
  • The reporting features were not robust and missed the mark for our reporting needs.
  • We outgrew the system for several reasons.
The size of the organization looking to deploy it is important; in my opinion small to mid size organizations would be optimal. [Consider the] level of support needed. Talk to past and current users who are in your industry and outside your industry. Talk to clients all over the country, especially those in your time zone.
December 01, 2014

User Review: "SmartSearch ATS"

SmartSearch ATS is used by the HR department and by all hiring and project managers. It allows us to control and maintain communications and documentation to the hiring process per candidate, per project, and per manager/recruiter. Additionally, the reporting and dashboard functionality provide a visual for our activity including areas of weakness and strength. The workflow processes allow employees to apply directly online from our site, and the Outlook integration ensures efficiency between systems.
  • Outlook Add-In Capability
  • Multiple Application Options (Company careers page, Job Boards, etc.)
  • Automatic and Custom Workflows
  • Fillable pdf form integration
  • Technical, functional, behavioral skills testing
SmartSearch ATS is well suited for a mid to large size company, or a company experiencing rapid growth where one or more hiring managers are not always available or are located in a separate location from the HR/Recruiting team.
February 25, 2015

SmartSearch: "Smart Search Review"

It is used by the whole organization when the client does not posses or does not want us to share their ATS.
  • Multi-database support for a very low price
  • Very low maintenance
  • It could be improved by giving less options
  • Minimum drop down menus instead of so many options
  • A more clear and concise dashboard
Normally, recruiters don't have time to get trained in every ATS, so it should be more user friendly, have less options and more logic. The SNI questionnaire is hard to set up, notes and view of emails sent are hidden.
April 12, 2014

"SmartSearch Review"

We use SmartSearch to document notes and save data for our clients and candidates. It is easy to access and keeps it our documents and notes all in one place. It also saves resumes from way back which we use as an advantage over others.
  • Easy to learn and use.
  • It is organized and helps you find documents easily.
  • You are able to log in from a personal computer, you dont have to download a program at home to check things.
  • There should be a button that the candidates have to select US CItizen or H1B Visa to help with our search because our company cannot sponsor so when I do searches, i get a lot of non US Citizens that block up the right candidates.
  • Let us send blast emails without making a folder first by just selecting the people that appear in the search.
I would suggest using SmartSearch because of how easy it is to learn and adapt to. You can use it from home or in the office or on your mobile device.
April 09, 2014

"Smartsearch Review - Recruiter's Opinion"

SmartSearch is primarily used by the recruiting department in our organization, although sales and account management has access as well. It is used to keep track of actions related to candidates and job requisitions that we receive from out clients. It keeps all of this information in one central location so that users can see what progress has been made on certain positions that we are working towards filling.
  • Keeping Files - easy to keep information up to date for job requisitions, candidates, contacts, etc
  • Tracking Progress
  • Not very intuitive - some features are hard to use and learn
  • Running reports - reports give incomplete data
This is a good software if everyone in the organization is used to it and knows how to use it. To learn this from scratch is difficult, and while there are a lot of features to make using SmartSearch easy and automated, these features are difficult to learn and sometimes you aren't aware of the option being available.
April 11, 2014

SmartSearch: "SS review"

SmartSearch is being utilized company wide (nationwide). It is used for both recruiting and sales. I don't feel that is addresses any business problems, it is simply the tool we utilize for documentation and searches. I feel that some offices may utilize more of the SmartSearch tools then others, some offices barley utilize it.
  • Its a great way to keep information, organized and easy to refer back to about past conversations with clients or candidates.
  • If it is set up right and utilized to the fullest, it can be a very versatile tool, i.e. being able to use search tools within it like linkedin, monster, and careerbuilder.
  • If trained properly, it is fairly user friendly
  • I wish there was a better communication tool. I have worked with a system in the past where you could send messages within the system like a messenger so I can inform recruiters instantly about feedback or interviews or confirmations. The system may send emails but as I get emails for everything I would prefer the information to be send like a instant message thru smartsearch.
  • I feel that it can take time to go from file to file, I would like to be able to see numerous screens maybe even split in 2 or 4 on the same screen so i don't have to go back and forth leaving pages.
  • I get frustrated when setting up jobs in the system and there are 2 save options, one on the middle top and one on the left top side. The job will only save if I click the save button on the top left, not the top center. Its silly but frustrating as I have left the screen with the wrong save button and lost the whole job having to do it again.
I am not saying there is a better system out there, but I have worked with 3 systems including Smartsearch and I feel that the old system I worked on was a much better communicator than Smartsearch or Bullhorn. With large companies that span nationwide, communication is key and this system could do better. Sometimes less is more and Smartsearch requires a lot of detail and information when utilized to the fullest. Management wants it to be used in all aspects which causes me to be taken away to making money and instead I have to take time to add minor details that wont help bring in $$$.

Job Requisition Management (10)
10.0
Company Website Posting (10)
10.0
Publish to Social Media (7)
Job Search Site Posting (10)
10.0
Customized Application Form (9)
Resume Management (10)
10.0
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (10)
Candidate Search (10)
Applicant Tracking (10)
Collaboration (10)
9.9
Task Creation and Delegation (8)
Email Templates (9)
User Permissions (9)
10.0
Notifications and Alerts (8)
Reporting (9)

About SmartSearch

SmartSearch is the flagship web-based talent acquisition and staffing management software from Advanced Personnel Systems Inc, that, while not as broadly used as some other software suites, is capable of delivering all of the features and capabilities (e.g. integration with outside services like Outlook, direct posting to job boards and sourcing via social networks, data/resume parsing and rich automation features) expected of applicant tracking systems. Live support representatives are available 24/7. Also, Advanced Personnel Systems offers a live, personalized demonstration of the software for those interested, as well as full "concierge" service throughout the implementation process.