SnapLogic: New Era of ETLhttps://www.trustradius.com/integration-platform-as-a-serviceSnapLogicUnspecified8.1161012019-02-23T22:21:21.440Z
February 23, 2019
SnapLogic: New Era of ETL
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with SnapLogic
We are using Sisense as an ETL tool to extract, transform and load. It is connected to many source systems and we are pulling the data to the data warehouse. Using REST API, data can be fetched then transformed using a simple pipeline. Complex flows are creating using multiple pipelines. Whole data can be placed at one place in the warehouse from multiple sources using Snaplogic.
- Easy pipeline with simple drag and drop snaps to do the transforming
- Creating SCD has become easier than any other tool
- Scheduling tasks are also easier with Snaplogic
- Using rest API other tools/services can be integrated
- Cheap and easily install-able
- Instability of the tool as we can face some unknown issues randomly.
- It's difficult to find more flaws as it's way easier to handle.
- It's solving a business need, transforming data to DWH.
- No negative impact as it's running fine and upgrades are available.
Earlier we used to work on this tool, but since SnapLogic came in the picture it gave us a lot of confidence to work faster, easier and in a more convenient way. So I would recommend using SnapLogic because of its simple functionality for smaller organizations. It is fast at loading millions of records in a few mins.
Snaplogic is best suited for ETL purposes, loading large chunks of data in an easy way. It is easy to install. For small scale industries, it is an appropriate tool, as it costs very little. It is less suited for complex transforming. For medium to large scale organizations, it has some functionality constraints.