SocialCast - Software to implement an internal social network and very useful to improve team collaboration
Overall Satisfaction with Socialcast
SocialCast is used by the IT department of my company.
We use SocialCast to create an internal social network for employees to help them integrate with other people in different areas and improve their own productivity when working in teams. It is an environment that can be used to share ideas and documents but it can be used for social interaction also.
We are now starting to use it to schedule our meetings and to share common files related to projects.
SocialCast is also excellent to deliver important messages to everybody in a simple way instead of sending tons of emails every day.
- You can create public spaces separated by subjects of interests and put members inside.
- Private messages are available to create a privacy between members.
- You can follow a member to see any thoughts and ideas shared in the social network.
- Single sign-on (SSO) support. It may help to convince people to adopt the platform
- The tool used to say "thanks" to another member for some accomplishment is amazing!
- The software is a little bit pricey because it is charged by user/month and depending on the deployment method.
- For companies with a lot of workers the price can increase significantly.
- The mobile app usability and notifications are poor. Need to be improved.
- If there were more administrative features available the product would be improved
- Improvement in team communication
- Easy way to spread news and interesting feeds.
- Less e-mail floods (non-read messages a lot of times)
Also you can use it to improve communication between people by creating a specific conversation about some project, for instance. There are some basic functionalities like file sharing and chat history that can help you keep track of your activities and progress.