Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer
We use SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer to predict the behavior of our campaigns and e-marketing. With SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer, we can check the performance of our databases and how the behavior will be during high load works in the season and spikes that are associated with our day by day jobs.
- Predict performance across all databases
- Predict unexpected behavior
- Make a correct forecast about how much memory and CPU could be needed for a particular job
- The agent usually consumes a lot of memory
- High cost, since it is charged per instance.
- An efficient and intelligent search feature would be helpful.
- DPA is licensed per instance analyzed. Thus, we only monitor the higher priority database servers.
- DPA helps our DBAs to make easier to monitor multiple databases
- Some database issues can be resolved within minutes instead of hours as before.
SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer is robust and dynamic. We are using it in the most critical DBs and using Network Device Monitor to check all of our networking infrastructures. With both tools, we are able to get all the necessary information that takes us to make the best decision during incidents and related issues.
SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer is a really good software for monitoring purposes. If your company is e-marketing related, this is a good tool since you can see the overall trends and issues that cause a significant effect on performance when campaigns are being sent. But it is not good enough for deep dives into specific issues related to Database.