SolarWinds IPAM - The Ultimate IP/DNS/DCHP Manager. A Must for IT Departments.https://www.trustradius.com/ip-address-management-ipamSolarWinds IP Address ManagerUnspecified8.4561012019-02-04T14:17:01.837Z
February 04, 2019
SolarWinds IPAM - The Ultimate IP/DNS/DCHP Manager. A Must for IT Departments.
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds IP Address Manager
Being an international organization with multiple subnets across the globe, keeping track of our IP addresses, in particular, had started becoming very challenging. IPs would have been taken up without our knowledge or duplicated, causing issues in the network. We were keeping track with spreadsheets covering multiple subnets across multiple sites. IPAM brings a long needed level of automation and control to all of those subnets and we've now regained control as a result.
- Automation of subnets and discovery.
- Alerting of troublesome IP addresses.
- Request-based system for an IP address allocation.
- DHCP and DNS support.
- We struggled with permissions when deploying and getting the right level of accounts to talk to our domain controllers.
- The IP request templates could use some work and adjustments in terms of the way they're handled.
- Far less time troubleshooting duplicate IP address conflicts.
- Cumbersome Excel spreadsheets no longer required.
- Single pane of glass in the IPAM module on Orion.
- DNS and DHCP changes can be made into nodes within IPAM, cutting the domain controller work out.
We purchased the full Orion suite, so it made sense to also purchase IPAM for the integration benefit. In all honesty, we didn't look at any other products and we didn't really need to. IPAM covered everything, you really don't need to look any further if you need an IP/DNS and DHCP management tool.