Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM)
We use IPAM to manage the up-time of all of our endpoints. If an alert goes out, an email is generated and a helpdesk ticket is created for someone to respond to.
- Setup is easy.
- IPAM works without issues. Up and down messages go out consistently
- Management console is very intuitive.
- Messages and notifications are easy to understand
- The DNS Management could be better.
- Importing custom properties could use some improvements.
- Would like to see better reporting.
- I would like to see some custom mapping to Visio
- Helped with up-time of endpoints.
- Keeps the team alert to outages before end users.
- Keeps us pro-active.
SolarWinds IPAM is easy to use and has a lot more features than most options. The pricing is better suited to small to mid-size companies. Notifications are easy to setup and provide enough information to track down any issues. We also do not see a lot of false positives in our environment.
Do you think SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM)'s feature set?
Did SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM) go as expected?
Would you buy SolarWinds IP Address Manager (IPAM) again?
Solarwinds works really well in a single data center environment, but when you have multiple a downed line could end up in several hundred alerts. It would be nice to have some automation around data lines and actual servers or devices being down. For example, having the main data line notification silencing other alerts.
Yes - We were utilizing features of SCCM for monitoring that were to complex and noisy. Solar Winds was basic easy to use and provided the output we needed.