Solarwinds working for you again!
Updated August 17, 2020

Solarwinds working for you again!

Overall Satisfaction with SolarWinds Security Event Manager (SEM)

It is being used across our Presort division. It allows us to monitor daily issues and hiccups so that we can address them from anywhere in the country. With it, I'm able to track my local facility while still traveling to the other facilities in the country. It is a lifesaver when I need to be flexible and have the ability to travel or even stay home.
  • Centralized log collection and normalization.
  • Automated threat detection and response.
  • Integrated compliance reporting tools.
  • Auto report sending alerting.
  • Setup is required alerts.
  • Protect windows servers before attacks.
It stacks behind it currently. We've decided as a company to go with CrowdStrike Falcom Endpoint Protection as our preferred method of protection after the Malware issues.
I haven't had to utilize this, but I know about SolarWinds support I get on the other products.

Do you think SolarWinds Security Event Manager (SEM) delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with SolarWinds Security Event Manager (SEM)'s feature set?

Did SolarWinds Security Event Manager (SEM) live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of SolarWinds Security Event Manager (SEM) go as expected?

Would you buy SolarWinds Security Event Manager (SEM) again?

The initial install is the first step and shows you some compliance issues that you may not even be aware of.

SolarWinds Security Event Manager (SEM) Feature Ratings

Centralized event and log data collection
Correlation
Event and log normalization/management
Deployment flexibility
Integration with Identity and Access Management Tools
Custom dashboards and workspaces

SolarWinds Security Event Manager (SEM) Premier Support

The idea that there's a plan in place for any time of the day/week is what makes this a must for any user. No matter when an issue occurs you know that SolarWinds has someone available. It removes the question of whether you'll be able to reach someone or not. 12 hours a day (7 a.m. to 7 p.m.), Monday through Friday. During the week, if an issue arises outside of that window, you'll be routed to senior-level reps on the Global Premier Support team. If problems occur over the weekend, our Professional Support reps will cover the case. Yes I pulled this directly from the description - because that's exactly what you get! Want to feel like you're covered no matter what? Sign up for this service!
I had an issue over the weekend where we needed immediate attention. Over the weekend, theProfessional Support reps cover the cases. They were able to deal with the issue and get things addressed same day with little to no down time for our services. That's the kind of service they provide and the type of service we come to expect.

SolarWinds Security Event Manager (SEM) Training

I think training would've definitely helped. A lot of the setup involves having to understand networks, and firewalls etc. Also, it'd be nice to see what tricks or tips someone may have around the layout and design of the dashboard. Ultimately I think a training video or training program would be extremely beneficial to the usage of this program.

If I could - I'd go back and get more training immediately.