June 03, 2014
Score 9 out of 10
- version 5
- version 6
Overall Satisfaction with Spiceworks
We use Spiceworks mainly for the help desk feature. It is used to help us support about 200 users across two 2 states. For a free product, this is amazing. It works so well we decided to pay for the 'ad-free' version so we could support them. The help desk has all the features you could want from a ticketing system. Everything integrates with AD and email seamlessly. Quick and easy to setup. Our users love it as well. Spiceworks has helped us improve our customer service immensely. The reporting feature is great. It helps us easily identify problem areas or problem users so we can address them quickly. I would recommend Spiceworks to anyone in need of a help desk system.
- The ticketing system works great. It includes a user portal so people can keep track of their tickets but also allows tickets creation/update via email which makes things so simple for the end user.
- Spiceworks is extremely customizable . Your can change the look of the portal to your liking, set custom categories that are relevant to your organization, and even completely customize the email notifications that are sent to team members.
- We have just started using the inventory feature which is really robust. You can set networks scans and Spiceworks will give you very detailed information about everything on your network.
- Reporting. Spiceworks is SQL based so unless you know how to write SQL queries, it may be hard to get the exact information you need.
- I think the mobile app can use some more work. Though it does come in handy when running around a large building as we have here.
- Spiceworks was designed for small to medium sized businesses. Though I have not experienced this myself, I have heard from others that performance takes a hit when being used in a large organization. I worry that we may have to move away from Spiceworks as we grow.
- Faster resolution to end user problems.
- Improved customer service.
- Improved efficiency for the help desk team.
Well a lot of help desk systems include the same features but those costs thousands of dollars. Spiceworks is free! How can you beat that! And they have free support as well who are very responsive and helpful. Spiceworks also has its own community where fellow SpiceHeads help each other all the time! People build custom reports and extensions and share them with the community.
Spiceworks is free, and has everything you could ask for. The support is great, the community is great, and everything just works. I haven't had 1 major issue since we started using it about 3 years ago. It does everything that we need and more. It even integrates with our LogMeIn accounts! Its easy to install and get up and running for production. Automatic backups and easy maintenance makes this product a 10.
Spiceworks is perfect for small to medium sized businesses. If you are in a large organization, this may not be a solution for you. I have seen complaints in the community about performance in large organizations. Again, I have not experienced any issues myself, but even Spiceworks themselves state that it is designed to work for small to medium sized organizations.