December 13, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Spiceworks
Spiceworks is a nice site to use when looking for help in the IT industry. They have free tools which can really help when you do not have the budget to pay for these services. I have used their inventory/monitoring tools as well as their ticketing system. The monitoring gives you an easy to understand interface and can show you data that can help your network. The ticketing system can integrate with it and show what past issues you have had on your devices. This can really help to understand when it is time to upgrade/replace.
- Reviews. I can go to Spiceworks and look at user reviews on products that I may be interested in. There is a good mix of vendor/msp/and users.
- Community. They have a large community of users that will comment on issues you might have. It is a great place to start and see if an issue you have has already been resolved.
- Free tools. They have different free tools that can help you in daily tasks.
- The free tools aren't always as feature rich as paid ones but if you look at the price it is still well worth it.
- There are a decent amount of vendors which can be useful but sometimes they are just trying to sell you a product.
- Comments are useful but sometimes go off in a weird direction and can be entertaining but sometimes not useful.
- ROI is great as I use free tools.
- It has helped keep better inventory tracking.
- No negative.
I think Spiceworks is great for SMB and probably not as well suited for enterprise. You will probably be using paid tools in an enterprise environment, and the free ones will not be useful. I think the reviews and comments can apply to all, though, depending on the need and/or situation.