Overall Satisfaction with Splunk
We are using it primarily a a business analytics tool. We use it to run A/B tests, identify potential fraudsters, troubleshoot site issues and look at overall site behavior broken down by cohort. It's also used to identify issues in real time.
- It allows people to break down all of your data by any cohorts that you have.
- It pulls data in real time
- It's query writing is flexible so you don't have to know exactly what you want before an experiment begins
- Speed. Queries can take forever to run
- Reliability, we are regularly having issues with our Splunk set-up going down
- Complexity, we need a team of engineers to keep it running
- Huge ROI benefits from being able to run dozens of concurrent A/B tests while also identifying how those tests affect different types of users
It is very complex, but has helped our business tremendously.
Great for companies who care a lot about A/B testing and breaking down the results by cohorts. For very data-focused organizations with strong tech teams