Great software that help us save time an resources with Queries and Database stuff
Victor Toscano | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 07, 2018

Overall Satisfaction with Oracle SQL Developer

We as a group of developers use SQL developer to integrate the queries for our apps and to better understand our database designs.
  • One of the things that SQL Developer is really good at is helping us view and export database structures to see if it needs some design optimization. Sometimes, as a developer I need to check that out.
  • SQL Developer also offers stability in the management of query executions.
  • And, one of the main advatages of SQL Developer over other options is the easy way that let you have multiple connections open, and change between them.
  • I think SQL Developer needs to improve its funcionallity to export data in multiple formats from queries. It will help us generate reports.
  • I do not see SQL Developer as the best tool to perform data migratios, perhaps that is an opportunity of improvement.
  • It has a great advantage over other alternatives in revenue because it's more affordable than most of them.
  • It can add value to any team thanks to the development time optimization when working with advanced database structures.
  • Because it is easy to use and understand it can reduce training expenses to optimize the educational budget of the company.
I think Oracle Database and SQL Developer work well together and they do not necessarily have to stack up against each other.
SQL Developer is a recommended software in cases like getting track of database objects and designing queries during the process of software development in any platform. For example, we use it when we implement a new Java app and need to be sure that objects and business logic are in line with our database structure.

I think it's a great tool for me as a software developer. However, as a DBA I think it would not be the only software I depend on to perform some data processes, although it can be really useful too.