Overall Satisfaction with Symantec
In my organization, the Symantec Management Platform is being used to globally manage our end user machines and servers by providing software installations, upgrades, patches, and monitoring. Because it is used globally, we are able to efficiently manage software/patches and keep everyone on standardized software. Also it allows us to maintain an OS image, which is distributed globally.
- The Symantec Management platform allows you to keep your infrastructure patched using the built in patching solution.
- The Symantec Management platform allows you to create simple and complex filters (using SQL queries) to push software/patches/etc installs to the whole infrastructure.
- The Symantec Management platform allows you view and create simple/complex reports that can be very useful when trying to gather machines meeting certain requirements.
- The Symantec Management Platform has a lot of great features/functionalities that make it a pleasure to use, however there are a small amount of front end interface things that could be fixed. In particular, when creating a '\job in the Symantec Management Console you cannot select multiple tasks at once to place in a job, you must do this one task at a time. Otherwise, I have no complaints!
- By using Symantec Management Platform in our infrastructure, it has allowed us to assist the help desk with meeting certain projects or SLA's with faster results.
- It allows us to be able to take the more complex job out of the help desk's lap; making their lives much easier.
- Having the reporting functionality really helps because it allows my team and I to show the results of these projects and/or SLAs.
- System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
The costs involved with getting the Symantec Management Suite, versus Microsoft System Center 2012, was much cheaper and allowed us to be able to pull more raw data when trying to work with management. Also, the Symantec support structure is very nice! The support group works with you very hard to help resolve all issues; I've definitely had this experience with them.