Reviews (1-13 of 13)
- You can do just about anything you would need to do as far as client management needs
- In place upgrades are a breeze
- Inventory management, Patch management are very intuitive.
- The best part is it provides you with the full view of your client life cycle of devices, along with the integration of other Symantec products like endpoint security.
- Creating an audit report and keeping it in a single dashboard is also easy. UI is simple.
- One of the best benefits of this tool is you can install it enterprise-wide along with onsite employees.
- Symantec is having great customer support.
- Asset Management is a great way to manage your devices.
- End Point Protection minimizes your risk of being affected by a zero-day vulnerability.
- Symantec Client Suite allows you to enforce standard policies and make them consistent across the network.
- Patch Management: We are able to easily deploy patches to all our workstations and accurately report on compliance.
- Software Delivery: We do a lot of software deployments to our end users and with CMS we can quickly create policies or tasks to perform these deliveries and get quick results on our success or failures.
- Inventory: Ease of use to get reports of what workstations have what software installed, patch levels, or hardware specifications.
- Software Delivery has great features like compliance checking, custom compliance inventory and execution reporting. Once compliance has been configured you can leave the policy active and if the software is uninstalled the policy will reinstall the software.
- The ability to use different scripting to create custom inventory. If you're good with scripting and SQL the platform can be utilized as a configuration manager.
- The ease of setting up the Symantec Management Platform 7.6 is easier and faster than previous versions. The use of the Symantec Installation Manager performs pre checks to identify areas or applications that may need to be installed and the links provided are up to date.
- Support has improved a lot in the past several years. We're able to call in a problem and several levels of technicians and engineers will work to try to solve the issue, if needed.
- They provide community resources which allows users like myself to become a member of (at no cost) to ask and answer questions to problems that support isn't designed to answer. A lot of Symantec staff are also on the forums offering advice and assistance.
- Over the past couple of years Symantec has worked to increase its Mac presence (great for colleges and universities with large Mac populations) and work to release updates almost as fast as the major software vendors release operating systems in order to provide continued functionality.
- Flexibility of filters makes it very easy to create any kind of computer collections imaginable that can be then used for deliveries.
- The console is very easy to navigate and has a lot of different functionalities that make managing huge environments a breeze, so even people without vast experience in the field can accomplish quite a lot.
- Huge amount of data that can be collected from the clients enables one to create many different reports required by the business.
The main business problem it addresses is security compliance, particularly third party plug-ins like Flash Player, Shockwave, JRE, QuickTime etc.
- I doubt that any other technology we could implement would be able to do so much with so little administrative overhead. With a short process that we developed we can quickly get a software package (e.g. IE 11) out to thousands of computers with on-next-reboot remediation and the user is not even aware that anything has happened.
- No other solution makes it so easy to create our own tools to plug-in to the CMS toolset. For example our custom scripts can interrogate and manipulate the database to create great bolt-on automated functionality.
- Real-time management built in means our second line techs can interrogate problematic computers, and because this is handled via the agent, we do not need the local PC firewall's opened up to half the organisation for WMI.
- The Symantec Management platform allows you to keep your infrastructure patched using the built in patching solution.
- The Symantec Management platform allows you to create simple and complex filters (using SQL queries) to push software/patches/etc installs to the whole infrastructure.
- The Symantec Management platform allows you view and create simple/complex reports that can be very useful when trying to gather machines meeting certain requirements.
- Keeping track of your all your managed computers.
- Keeping track of your licences and number of installation for a specified software.
- Imaging a computer with an adaptive driver installation.
- Unattended remote installation (when available and compatible).
- Inventory collection is quite accurate - and customizable as needed.
- Software delivery is quite powerful and offers several ways to deploy software to machines and users.
- Patch Management currently supports a fair list of vendors and products.
- Scaleability allows implementation in wide range of environments.
- Inventory of both hardware and software.
- Policy based software installations utilizing SQL based filtering mechanisms.
- Allows delivery in near real-time all the way to slow throttling and time based executions.
- Client Management, Altiris. Long has it been the standard for endpoint management and control. Not perfect, but always improving and built in such a way that it can be used for many creative things on the endpoint. A very malleable product.
Symantec Client Management Suite Scorecard Summary
About Symantec Client Management Suite
Symantec Client Management Suite is designed to automate time-consuming and redundant tasks for deploying, managing, patching, and securing desktops and laptops so organizations can reduce the cost and effort of managing Windows, Mac, Linux, and virtual desktop environments.
Symantec Client Management Suite Competitors
Symantec Client Management Suite Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Symantec Client Management Suite Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Supported Countries:||Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia|