Overall Satisfaction with Symantec Email Security.cloud
Symantec Email Security.cloud is a service that provides Antispam as well as other security services including malware and AntiVirus scanning for bad attachments and links, spearphishing control, and sandbox testing of attachments. All of these security features prevent malicious or dangerous emails from ever entering your company's four walls.
- Advanced scanning of email and threats beyond simple Antispam services
- Sandbox testing of attachments prior to delivery of email to test against malicious threats such as Ransomware
- Spearphishing prevention to avoid impersonation attacks and potential wire transfer requests
- Searching within the console can be slow at times, especially when making small tweaks and refreshing quickly
- Features seem to have slowed down since Symantec acquired this formerly "MessageLabs" product
- Advanced filtering and scanning is not quite as good as several competitors
- Advanced scanning can prevent bad email from getting through and infecting or encrypting company data. This can drastically impact a business on a day-to-day basis.
- Affordable cost for the service means that all email should be filtered by a business-grade solution.
- Customization of policies lets a company tailor fit the solution to their needs for security and compliance.
Barracuda's ESS is the premier product, it boasts outbound email encryption as an included service as well as all of the security features of Symantec Email Security.cloud. Sophos is on the same level as SES.c but is not quite as feature rich.