Overall Satisfaction with Symantec Endpoint Protection
The entire company uses Symantec Endpoint Protection. We've been working with Symantec Endpoint Protection since version 11 and have enjoyed the upgrade to version 12 and higher. We leverage SEP for not only the normal antivirus [protection] but also firewall and other portions of the product. SEP protects all of our endpoints throughout the environment and works great.
- SEP protects our envionrment not only through antivirus (AV) but also protects against malware and advanced threats.
- Light on the endpoints and desktop and our end users do not notice the system.
- SEP is quick and lightweight. Has a bunch of tools/items to use outside of just AV/malware.
- Needs to be updated more quickly to support the latest and greatest Mac versions. Our pepole want to use the latest and greatest version of Mac and we have to tell them to wait.
- Protect Linux devices in a managed way.
- Hard to manage exact ROI on being protected and not being breached by a virus or something like that
- Better ROI is that my end users don't complain about the product
We were a McAfee shop and changed to SEP. We tried out Trend as well. SEP just worked better based on the criteria we had.