Overall Satisfaction with Symantec Endpoint Protection
We are using 5 SEPM servers with the database installed via SQL. We have 30 other management servers that are posted around the United States that connect to these servers. We are also using GUPs or group update providers as well to lower the amount of clients that connect to the servers for their updates.This product is used for endpoint services to provide antivirus for over 225,00 workstations and servers. The problem with this software is that the reporting is very limited unless you install and use I.T. Analytics but this really doesn't fit our environment. Another issue is unless you have business critical support you go straight to India for support. I have had some of these techs do a really good job but others no so much. Overall I like the product. It is stable but I would like to see more reporting features and more security features being added in to the software. Other that that the Symantec Endpoint services manager works very well and normally runs very smoothly.
- Download Insight works well for users trying to install software that Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) doesn't recognize. Unless it is a valid application it will flag as to few users using this app and will not allow the install.
- Easy to use interface in the SEPM console. Also can use it via web interface when not directly on the server itself.
- Easy to deploy SEP package from the console to multiple containers.
- Reporting, reporting reporting.
- Copy and paste within the console itself. Must use keyboard shortcuts as of now.
- Needs more anti-malware features.
Don't like McAfee at all. Trend Micro Deep Security is very good for server operating systems. If I had to go with another product it would definitely be the Trend products. McAfee has never really had what I would call a good solution for security purposes. It always seems to be clunky and overly hard to navigate.
I feel this product is very bold and does a really good job at what it does. Endpoints are very critical and this product takes care of most issues that come up. At this point I don't know of any scenarios where this product would be less appropriate. I have used this product for business as well as personally. I don't trust any other antivirus company.