Syspro - our best decision
April 24, 2018
Syspro - our best decision
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with SYSPRO
Syspro is used across our whole organization. We use it to control our Sales process along with Shipping and Distribution, as well as our Manufacturing and Fabrication operations. All of these areas then feed directly to the Accounting section which allows us to have a very accurate picture of our entire operation at a glance at any point in time.
- Syspro is very customizable yet still remains upgradable. This is a VERY important feature that is often overlooked. We can write (or have it written for us) small customizations that get executed at "trigger points" which helps make the software conform to our operations instead of the other way around.
- User Interface is very intuitive and simple to use. Very well designed and again fully customizable by the individual user or by the Role as an administrator.
- The Real-time G/L is a huge time-saver as well as giving managers and executives up to the minute views of critical data in real-time.
- Support is generally Very Good, but I have seen times where the response is a bit slow. At least slower than I would like and maybe my expectations are too high...
- Without a doubt, Syspro has been a positive influence on our business since we implemented over 16 years ago. It was adaptable so we did not have to change the way we worked to conform to it. It is also customizable for those functions that all businesses have that are unique to their operations. As I previously stated, the most important benefit for us has been the productivity gains which has allowed us to do so much more with the same amount of people.
We evaluated 8 of the top vendors 16 years ago before we selected Syspro and frankly, none of them came close to meeting all of our needs at a reasonable price point. We still look back at that process and think it was one of the best decisions we have ever made.
Almost, since day one Syspro has been saving us time and making us more productive as a whole. We have been able to grow our revenue exponentially with keeping our personnel needs at nearly the same level. Syspro is a great system for an organization that has multiple needs like Distribution and Manufacturing and/or multiple locations.
SYSPRO Feature Ratings
Evaluating SYSPRO and Competitors
Yes - Scala - after an 18-month implementation preparation project, we went live with Scala and completely lost all visibility as to how the company was doing. The G/L was a disaster and we made the very hard decision to go back to our homegrown system after 2 months. We started the whole process over again and this was when we found Syspro and have never looked back...
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
When they sat down with us to discuss our requirements, they were very honest about exactly what their software could and could not do. Their honesty and the demonstration of how easily customizable their system was but that it was still upgradable every time they would issue a new version were the key factors for us.
Frankly, we have said this many times. Whether we just got lucky or were really that smart, we did everything right when we selected and went with Syspro. Unfortunately, we had just completed an experience where we did NOT make the best decision so maybe this time we were more driven to get straight answers and not accept promises or assurances.