Tableau Server Review: "Tableau is a great analytics platform"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biTableau ServerUnspecified8.15791012013-10-19T21:52:36.374Z
- Connect easily to several data sources and can join data across sources.
- Particularly good at finding useful insights in large data sets - very flexible.
- Server solution is good for dissemination of data and reporting, but isn't the strongest part of the product.
- Automatic data type recognition can be troublesome; some geographic data points aren't recognized as such and require time-consuming manual mapping
- Alerts in the server platform would be a great addition. As is it's not a proscriptive product.
- We haven't explicitly measure it but it's a godsend in terms of saving time for analysts. It also allows business/product owners to easily monitor the health of their businesses and identify and fix problems early.
Evaluation and Selection
Desktop has always worked perfectly. Server sees occasional issues, most of which will be solved by the IT department learning more about the best way to administrate and maintain it.
Very easy on both fronts. They had an approach of building a good relationship that worked well.