Tableau Server Review: "Tableau is a gold mine, be the first or last, worth a dig!"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biTableau ServerUnspecified8.15751012018-11-02T16:01:08.553Z
Overall Satisfaction with Tableau Server
Tableau is used by a department and it addresses key issues such as device availability, performance of devices deployed, and enterprise reporting for roadway data. Tableau Server has helped store information and visualize it in a great fashion. We have great leverage over other systems because Tableau Server is standalone. Our future goal is to use it across the whole organization.
- Tableau Server is compatible and flexible in terms of data connection and usage.
- Tableau Server has the option of configuring on-site or cloud, which is excellent.
- Tableau Server is economical and easily adaptive in nature.
- Tableau Server could be made more flexible in terms of data connection and ease of use in terms of documenting.
- In Tableau Server, the workbook folder itself should be made available with share options to web embed.
- Groups should be enhanced with more test case scenarios so organizations can easily follow the protocols.
- It has helped improve reporting capabilities from traditional to modern ways to view data.
- It has helped in terms of using new maps and charts for devices availability and which is unique and insightful.
- Interactive features attracted our client to look up business intelligence and other areas.
We have currently deployed in the cloud and it is very smooth and flexible. It connects without any issues, except for issues in terms of integrating data sources via MySQL server.
We have tested a couple scenarios and have set up controls. It is very user friendly. For example we could set up what user has what capabilities in the server, and it was done with ease.
We still have issues with live connections to our test environment, such as constant pops up with credentials. Other than that if you're not replacing your data source in a timely fashion, it won't connect/view your workbook and throws an ODBC error. Otherwise, everything connects and has great back up.
This is the best feature we excelled at. We love interactive dashboards, and teams were surprised to see the level of authenticity in terms of development and interaction of dashboards.
We rely on Tableau tech support and community blogs, they are a great resource and an excellent place to problem solve any issues.
It is well suited in an industry rich with data flow and more room for public information. The reason behind the public information use case is that can Tableau can be made visualize value, and in return adds value to proof of concepts or detailed plan. Tableau Server is economical, and many organizations look for such products, as it is no harm to test and try such an enterprise tool.
Tableau Server Feature Ratings
Report Formatting Templates
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Single Sign-On (SSO)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dedicated iOS Application
Dedicated Android Application
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile