Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Cloud Integration (including BusinessWorks and Scribe)
My organization is using Scribe in for two specific projects/programs that are providing professional energy services to electric utility clients. The solutions is needed to automate integration with excel/text data files that are similar and submitted on a recurring weekly basis. The solution is providing support for only a specific project within a professional services department.
- Point and click configuration and solution development - no code speeds up deployments
- Easy procurement process with training
- On the fly changes and updates make implementations flexible and easy to update
- Excel and text file plugins, connections and clients need some work to improve ease of use and complex integrations
- The internal TIBCO sales/renewal/support/training teams need to break down silos and talk/work together to provide a better comprehensive service for users
- Price needs to be more competitive and lower along the lines with similiar product
- Scribe has reduce data entry, likely reducing man-hours
- Scribe has reduce data errors, likely increasing user & customer satisfaction
- Scribe and the per-connection price model is expensive and reducing ROI significantly
I've not used other integration products, but have heard of MuleSoft and Kingswaysoft. From my understanding, Scribe has less functionality but doesn't require coding experience. Scribe needs more connectors such as OneDrive for Business SharePoint and Zendesk. Most of my mapping needs are Excel & text workbooks and integrating those as endpoints is somewhat difficult with the current connector options.
- Online training
The package our organization bought came with Level 1 online pre-recording training and Level 2 live web taught training for Scribe. The training was a must-have for new users and integration customizers. There might be the need to additional practice or level 3 training. Since Scribe is mostly point and click, the solution is intuitive and can be self-taught for advanced database users. Any advanced integrations need additional level 3 training, which I don't believe TIBCO offers. Additional documents, guides, how-to, and formulas would be helpful to reference during implementations. Online reference guides are extremely lacking and not very helpful.
Scribe works well with Dynamics CRM online with small programs or projects. More complex integrations or larger deployments need consultant support for first time users. Scribe has basic and normal connectors for simplified integrations. Scribe is well suited for implementations that don't have coders or developers since point and click configuration is how basic integrations are programmed.