Data Virtualization/Federation Platform
Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Data Virtualization
- Scales out horizontally and vertically to support federated queries against growing data volumes
- Supports a wide range of data sources, including relational, no-SQL, message queues/streaming, and big data
- No very robust metadata and data lineage support
- Poor integration with data modeling tools, for forward- and reverse-engineering
- Response times are not always consistent and adequate in real-time queries
- Great speed to market
- Developer productivity
- No need to deal with DB/DW creation and mainteance
It is well suited in cases when there are many upstream heterogeneous sources, and the data sets are persisted in periodically refreshed cache, preferably database-based cache (although file-system or in-memory cache are options as well).
It is less appropriate for time-series analysis because the history is limited to the amount of history in he underlying source data repositories.