TIBCO Jaspersoft: "Jaspersoft Reporting Review"https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biTIBCO JaspersoftUnspecified7.52361012018-10-30T17:07:38.885Z
Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Jaspersoft
- We embed TIBCO Jaspersoft into our commercial application(s) that we sell to customers
- We use TIBCO Jaspersoft for print-ready, pixel-perfect reporting
We use Jaspersoft as our reporting server to supply reports to the customers of our SaaS product. Our product uses data collected from our street signs, including speed, volume, etc., which is then uploaded to the cloud. Once this data is uploaded to the cloud, our customers can run a number of different reports on this data. Jaspersoft hosts all of these reports, and all we have to do is provide the parameters and serve it up to the customer.
- The reports are exactly as they are designed in Jaspersoft Studio. It allows for pixel-perfect editing, so we can be sure the reports our customers get look great.
- We have a number of different data stores for our different products, and Jaspersoft has connectors for all of them. No matter where our data is, Jaspersoft allows us to access it easily, and transform it into a great looking report.
- Once the reports are uploaded to the Jaspersoft Server, it is very easy to generate the reports. Be it passing parameters via the URL, using the REST api, or embedding using Visualize.js, generating the reports is a breeze.
- The UI on the report designer, Jaspersoft Studio, looks a little outdated. I think that Studio as a whole could use a facelift. Additionally, Jaspersoft Studio tends to slow down over time, requiring a restart of the program.
- There is a bit of a learning curve with all of the intricacies of Jaspersoft Studio, it's kind of overwhelming when trying to learn it from nothing.
- One functionality that seems to be missing, that would help our use-case, would be the ability to parameterize a JSON URL as a data source. For example, if there was a call to a set of JSON data, it has to be a static URL. But in many cases, APIs that return JSON take parameters via the URL. Jaspersoft does not support that.
Jaspersoft has had a great impact. It allowed us to shut down our locally hosted reporting server, and gave us much more customization of our reports. The report designer lets us create great looking reports, with relative ease. Thanks to this, we can create, and supply to our customers, more reports than ever. Plus, they look much better. Additionally, if a report needs an adjustment, it's easy to make a quick fix.
- Jaspersoft Standard Support or Professional Standard Support for AWS (12 annual cases)
- Jaspersoft Community
It's very important. At our company we use a great deal of different data sources and architectures. Jasper has been able to work in every single scenario that we have had for it so far. Plus, knowing all the features of Jasper, I'm confident that it will continue to work for everything that the future may hold.
This is very important to us. We have many customers that may be generating reports simultaneously, so multi-tenancy was probably the biggest feature that we were looking for when researching reporting engines. Our customers certainly appreciate the fact that there is nothing holding them back from generating a report at any given time.
When looking at the different features of these reporting engines, and what we were going to be using it for, the answer seemed clear. Jasper offered exactly what we were looking for, and did so for a price that we were happy with. For a scalable, feature-rich reporting engine that doesn't break the bank, Jaspersoft is the way to go.
I think that Jaspersoft lends itself very well to scenarios in which a company has a set of static reports that are going to be generated frequently. Whether it is internal reports, or external customer facing reports, Jasper does the job and does it well. In scenarios where reports need to be more dynamic, such as changing columns, it is less appropriate.
TIBCO Jaspersoft Feature Ratings
Pixel Perfect reports
Report Formatting Templates
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Delivery to Remote Servers
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Single Sign-On (SSO)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dedicated iOS Application
Dedicated Android Application
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
Themeable User Interface (UI)
Customizable Platform (Open Source)