TIBCO Jaspersoft Review 15 of 93
TIBCO Jaspersoft Review: "Jaspersoft--Power, Flexibility and Simplicity"
https://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligenceTIBCO JaspersoftUnspecified7.6216101
Updated May 11, 2018

TIBCO Jaspersoft Review: "Jaspersoft--Power, Flexibility and Simplicity"

Score 9 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Jaspersoft

• We embed TIBCO Jaspersoft into our commercial application(s) that we sell to customers
  • We embed TIBCO Jaspersoft into our internally used application(s)
  • We use TIBCO Jaspersoft for print-ready, pixel-perfect reporting
We have recently begun the national roll-out of a newly designed system to manage a significant portion of the business. For the first time ever, this new system allows users to produce real-time reports. Jaspersoft is the perfect technology for providing this reporting solution. Jaspersoft enables us to seamlessly embed reports into our web interface and allows us to control nearly every aspect of reporting for the end-user. By using Jaspersoft, users can produce high quality reports, save those reports for future execution, schedule reports and export the output into PDF, Excel or CSV format. Having experience with other reporting solutions throughout my career, I am confident that Jaspersoft provides the greatest flexibility in a high quailty tool.
  • Jaspersoft can be seamlessly embedded into web applications.
  • Jaspersoft is easily customized allowing nearly complete control over the reporting environment.
  • Jaspersoft is scalable allowing it to grow to meet the needs of our growing user base as our deployment rolls out across the country.
  • Jaspersoft is easy to learn for the report developer.
  • Jaspersoft Studio is a little "buggy" having to be closed and re-opened periodically throughout the day.
  • Multi-select queries return and load the entire query result set rather than allowing "lazy-loading" of records as a user scrolls. This results in slow loading report parameter screens as the lists are loaded.
  • It would be great to have source control (such as Version One or Git) better integrated into Jaspersoft.
  • Version 6.4.3.final of Jaspersoft Studio has some bugs where some button on the main toolbar simply do not function (such as "Publish the file on JasperReports Server.")
Jaspersoft has had a huge positive impact for my company. Our reporting platform has been one of the most reliable parts of our new system having been running in production for more than six months without a single production outage. The users love the ability to run reports themselves, real-time and export them in a number of formats. As a developer, I appreciate the back-end ability to monitor and debug any issues the users have such as report performance and accessibility. Having the ability to use a pre-defined template for new report creation allows for the rapid creation and deployment of new reports in a matter of days rather than weeks or months.
Our current implementation of Jaspersoft touches two data sources in a single web interface. Although we do not currently use Jaspersoft across multiple platforms or a large variety of data sources, we realize that may be a future need and appreciate the flexibility provided by Jaspersoft if that need arises. As our company continues to grow and we integrate more of our business units together, this broad platform support may become critically important in the future.
Multi-tenancy is a feature we currently use as we provide reports to internal users for client reports, reports to external clients (specific to an account) and accounting reports to our internal financial team. As all of these reports are accessed through the same web-interface it is critical to segment them by security and profiles.
I have used Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and Business Objects prior to my experience with Jaspersoft. Unlike SSRS, Jaspersoft works easily with multiple database platforms. Crystal Reports is aimed more directly at the end-user, and Business Objects while flexible, is much less developer friendly. Jaspersoft provides cross-platform/database functionality, customizability and the ability to integrate into whatever end-user interface is desired. Additionally, it is much more scalable than the others mentioned. These are some of the reasons we selected Jaspersoft.
Well Suited: Jaspersoft is the optimum solution for embedded reports. It allows this to be done seamlessly where a user would assume you wrote the reporting directly into the web page rather than embedding a tool.

Less Appropriate: I would not recommend native Jaspersoft as an ad-hoc reporting tool for the end-user. Because it provides so much flexibility, it is probably a bit too complex for the end-user.

TIBCO Jaspersoft Feature Ratings

Publish to PDF
Report Versioning
Report Delivery Scheduling
Delivery to Remote Servers
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Single Sign-On (SSO)
REST API
Javascript API
iFrames
Java API
Themeable User Interface (UI)
Customizable Platform (Open Source)

Additional Questions

Support

I ALWAYS get a response from the Tibco support team and they always offer a solution or develop a solution and then offer it. I definitely feel like my issues are important to Tibco and they work diligently to resolve them and ensure I am satisfied with the result. This is support beyond what I typically expect in the software industry.

TIBCO Jaspersoft Customer Support Pros and Cons

Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
None

Implementation Details / Implementation Partner

• Implemented in-house

Implementation

No key insights come to mind.

Training Types Used

• Self-taught
I was trained to work with Jaspersoft by my co-team members who were already familiar with it. I have worked in report development for many years and having done so, I found Jaspersoft to be intuitive and easy to learn. I am now very successfully able to use this product.

In-Person Training

Online Training

Ease of TIBCO Jaspersoft Training

The product was quite easy to learn the basics. Once I got more deeply into the product and began developing more complex solutions, my training became more intricate and I had to learn the product in more detail. However, overall would rate Jaspersoft as one of the more intuitive report development interfaces I have used.

Customer Success Team

No key insights come to mind.