Better than PowerPoint

Better than PowerPoint

Software Version

Desktop

Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Spotfire

I like the sum tables and the bar charts. I use it to input shapefiles and Excel files. It allows me to review large data and look for key elements. I use this in oil and gas. This program saves me time. I recommend it to ever customer I work with and help show them some demos online.

Pros

• The Sum Tables. It allows great data review.
  • The bar charts help show totals and easy compare by date ranges
  • The map helps see the location of the data. I work with lease and mineral data.

Cons

• User manual in pdf form.
  • Sometimes the program is a little advanced and I don't understand it.
  • I would like to see more teaching videos linked to each type of chart styles to help explain.
  • This has helped save time, that's money.
  • The export to PowerPoint is amazing.
  • The only negative is I have to export then edit then reimport.
I selected the software because I was able to see a demo at work. After that the program worked great for the functions I needed. I don't know any other software than Microsoft. If I had to compare it to Excel or PowerPoint I would say it beats it hands down on charting.
It works great with Excel data and large files. When working and comparing different elements I can not think of another software package that beats it. The only thing I wish it did a little better was link to ArcGIS directly and then I could edit the data in Spotfire.

Comments