Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Spotfire
We are using TIBCO Spotfire accross the whole organization. We are using it in Operations, Finance, Purchase, Sales, HR and IT - it was extremely useful for visualising machine stoppages, OEE and scrap tracking. We are also making 90% of our monthly report using Spotfire. With Spotfire we found a perfect tool to give managers quick and precise overview of business processes and they can respond quickly to any new developments.
- Integration of different data sources.
- Great user experience - easy to implement and use.
- I would like to have more ability to calculate things (not just trough calculated columns).
- Ability to somehow implement hard inputs for visualizations.
- Apex, Dooker and Tableau Desktop
Tibco Spotfire is more user friendly and easier to use. Tibco Spotfire offers more for less money. I also like the look and feel users have with Spotfire - it has very powerful visualization and coloring which helps bring out the most important things. It lacks the ability to communicate with the user and receive user inputs.
TIBCO Spotfire is well suited for well structured data - no matter the format (excel, sql...). If you have a problem where you want more calculation (also if you want user inputs) before visualization, then it cannot be done in Spotfire - you need to do it in SQL or somehow else before transferring to Spotfire.