TIBCO Spotfire for supply chain

TIBCO Spotfire for supply chain

Software Version

Spotfire Platform

Overall Satisfaction with TIBCO Spotfire

I used TIBCO Spotfire to solve the problem of displaying supply chain flow in a network. It very easy and quick to learn and get introduced with its capabilities, but currently, we are not using it, as we could find much more efficient similar tools to address the same problem. Along with network display, we were also looking for tools with graph database capabilities, which was the reason to park it aside and move forward with other options on the market.
  • I used Spotfire for network flow visualization. I used Tableau for the same thing, but the directional edges, and the different ways to show connections and directional flow edges without much effort, saved a lot more time for me.
  • As I wanted to do some calculation and forecasting based network visualization using R, it was very much possible with the use of TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R.
  • Demo version works for a reasonable number of days without a key, and it's easy to install, learn, and very quick to start using.
  • Few analytics capabilities are much faster than R
  • Cost is less than the other similar tools on the market
  • Need to add graph database capabilities as the visualization and graph DB combination will give more strength to it.
  • Community is not so strong and finding solutions and getting technical help is a bit time consuming.
less costly than Tableau and much more capabilities of analysis visualization.
  • It saved time and cost needed for almost 4 resources of data visualization.
  • Easy and impressive to show before client
  • Online training
Online training helped me to successfully implement my project and use its tools .
My organization did not integrated TIBCO Spotfire with other TIBCO products.
1. Best to show analytics results using statics methods like bar charts, waterfall charts, KPI charts etc.
2. Best to use for workflow representation and I found it better than Tableau
3. Needs to improve map display.

TIBCO Spotfire Feature Ratings

Customizable dashboards
Report Formatting Templates
Drill-down analysis
Formatting capabilities
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration
Publish to Web
Publish to PDF
Report Delivery Scheduling
Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Predictive Analytics
Multi-User Support (named login)
Role-Based Security Model
Multiple Access Permission Levels (Create, Read, Delete)
Responsive Design for Web Access
Dedicated iOS Application
Dashboard / Report / Visualization Interactivity on Mobile
REST API
Javascript API
iFrames
Java API
Themeable User Interface (UI)
Customizable Platform (Open Source)