Overall Satisfaction with Toad Data Point
Toad Data Point is our main tool to extract data out of the enterprise data warehouse using structured query language or SQL. It facilitates analytics and data-driven evidence-based decision making for operations as well as senior leadership. Analytics is primarily focused on synthesizing data into reportable components that drive strategy for the organization and for me personally none of that would be possible without the ability to efficiently extract this information out of the warehouse using Toad Data Point.
- Export data into excel.
- Export data into excel using a pivot table functionality.
- Navigation between windows is intuitive and easy to understand.
- Good for SQL novices and experts alike.
- Occasionally freezes up when disconnected from the laptop docking station.
- Better functionality to export data into Excel on an automated basis needed for automated querying.
- Better integration with Python Jupyter notebook.
Both of these tools offer data extraction and even include SQL components. I noted earlier that RStudio is useful for statistical modeling and data visualization in ways Toad Data Point cannot do. Microsoft Access also has a useful query building window that Toad Data Point is less intuitive. That said, for SQL programming Toad is clearly the tool of choice for me in extracting information out of a relational database.
Toad Data Point is the clear tool of choice if the end-user is interested in reports that are relatively simple to build using SQL code and export to Excel. It is less useful if the analyst also needs to run statistical models on the data and visualize the data for those functions I usually use RStudio or Jupyter Notebook which incorporates those features much more seamlessly.