- Joins data from across Oracle, Access, Google Analytics
- Can pull from Sharepoint lists data
- The ability to cleanse data and transform easily
- The user interface is very easy to use for not so technical users
- The connections can be a bit slow to setup
- More functionality could be added to the process that can easily be transformed or cleansed
- Continue to add more data sources
- We have excel files and sharepoint sites that we have to constantly be pulling data from. Previously we had to download, load into access or some other data software. Now we can just connect to all the sources.
- When you connect to a lot of different data sets the data can be a little unclean. The cleansing tool within Toad allows for you to sync up to layout of data pretty quickly
- The trending feature on the datasets that you pull is pretty useful, it basically shows how much variation their is in the column that you are looking at. For example if all the data is has the same value or every row is different (street addresses ).
- In the past I have had some issues with the connections to some sources like google analytics. Toad can continue to build its connection tools
- Sometimes the transformation and cleansing tool could be better utilized if they had a few more capabilities
- The products UI could be updated a bit but honestly I really cannot complain about this product
- When I am not in the office, I can have someone that has used it only a hand full of times jump in and produce a great looking report by using the interface which is nice looking and intuitive. This strength of TDP is ideal for those reports that have to get out ASAP and an SMA is not available.
- The ER Diagrammer helps in building those relationships in a hurry if you're doing some business analysts. You can't get this feature for the price.
- I use the explain plan when I can't figure out why a query is not returning the results I think it should. It is a powerful tool and it's easy to see the problems with the representation.
- At times the tool does seem a little slow some speed tweaks would be welcome.
- To make it even more intuitive adding intellisense would be nice.
- A data presentation dash would be a nice touch to customize data.
My team (IT Reporting & Analytics) is the only group within our organization that uses Toad Data Point.
We use this product to analyze and track issues within our analytics environment. When needed we use it to develop and manage functions/procedures and packages to enhance the analytics functionality of our environment
- We use Toad Data Point to analyze data structure and the quality of data within our analytics environment.
- It allows us to review, create, and modify programs within the Oracle database
- I find the explain plans that can be generating difficult to use, and should provide better suggestions as to how to improve performance
We receive calls from our functional areas complaining about inaccurate data. Toad makes it easy to track the data's progress from our ERP to the Analytics environment. This allows us to determine quickly were the problem lies and the ability to correct mistakes.
Toad Data point is not well suited for less technical users.
Review: "Toad Data Point - a useful tool for analysis/reporting/data prep across many types of Data Stores"
- Accesses and extracts data from 20 or more different data stores.
- Can include data selection even from data stored in Excel spreadsheets.
- Can automate a flow of tasks (some call it workflows) to provide an easy and automated solution, freeing the analyst from these types of data processing.
- Analysts don't need to know the SQL query language at all. Toad Data Point has a comprehensive Query Builder that allows for the selection from a large variety of data stores to be included in a single output data request.
- The data cleansing ability is top-notch. The analyst can 'fix' data at the data extract time. Of course, filtering (data selection) is an integral part of Toad Data Point...in both locating data to include as well as the data from each data store being included.
- Data presentation. There really isn't a dashboard technology...Toad Data Point makes it very easy to request data and putting the data in a format for other tools...such as presentation software designed to build dashboards.
- Again...data presentation...Toad Data Point is more of a data prep/data analysis tool than a mobile app.
- Toad is particularly good for writing SQL queries because of the drag and drop features that automatically create scripts as well as the intellisense feature for including specific columns in queries.
- Toad has a simple yet powerful automation script interface which makes it very easy to automate execution of queries and exporting of data.
- Toad has numerous data connection wizards, and it is very easy to connect to any data source.
- Toad boasts a cross connection query wizard, but queries have always run very slowly for me, and I do not use this feature after I initially tried it out.
- Toad sometimes crashes unexpectedly when I disconnect from data sources.
- Occasionally the intellisense feature hangs and doesn't return the column list when coding SQL. Also, the filters on the query results hang with larger result sets and then never pop up.