Reviews (1-9 of 9)
- Export data into excel.
- Export data into excel using a pivot table functionality.
- Navigation between windows is intuitive and easy to understand.
- Good for SQL novices and experts alike.
- Occasionally freezes up when disconnected from the laptop docking station.
- Better functionality to export data into Excel on an automated basis needed for automated querying.
- Better integration with Python Jupyter notebook.
It is also relatively easy to learn and has many of the same cool features of the Toad (database development tool) product. You don't need to know anything about SQL to do serious data analysis.
Toad Data Point is also integrated with Intelligence Central so it is very easy to share your workflows AND your data with others in your department/your company. It is more of a department kind of tool though. Intelligence Central also allows you to automate things so your data is organized and ready for use upon your arrival in the morning.
- Ease of building SQL/accessing data, using the Query Builder.
- The new workflow feature mimics products like Hyperion and is centered on how business analysts are used to working with their data.
- The dimensional views are definitely a hidden gem. This feature allows you to display similar data in multiple windows, then filter on specifics. ALL windows will then reflect the same data. An example here would be salaries organized by dept then salaries organized by job type. As you filter, both analyses will reflect the filtered data.
- You can easily create spreadsheets and pivot table spreadsheets.
- You can email the results to the team/you can save the results in the intelligence central repository so others can access it.
- You can automate all of these things.
- The workflow is a relatively new feature. Quest is adding additional functionality and the workflows are useful now.
- Would be nice if the 'Automate' feature was a bit easier to use.
- Would be nice if some of the SQL Editor features in the traditional interface worked better in the new workflow interface (although, these are being fixed with each release).
- Would be nice if there were fewer releases.
Where it is weak is when specific reporting needs are required. Although, the traditional interface has a full-featured report writer.
Most shops don't buy the Intelligence Central and they are really missing the boat when it comes to team collaboration and data preparation for specific reporting.
- Excellent at parsing data.
- A great tool to easily manipulate and export data in various formats.
- Easy to setup.
- The program can error out when reconnecting to a database from a timeout but that is easily fixed by restarting the program.
- If you aren't familiar with database tools the UI can be overwhelming to some.
- Ease of use. It is a very easy product to use without any particular training.
- Multiple data source connection. It easily connects to multiple data sources which allows you to use different data sources to run reports.
- Seamless application. Once you set everything up-- whether it is an FTP or export of data-- you can set it and forget it!
- Training. I think they should offer some basic training, which is all that was needed.
- Licensing. We had to purchase a couple of copies for two machines. I am not sure if anything can be done about that.
- Vender Expos. Have not heard of them being at any national conferences.
- Joins data from across Oracle, Access, Google Analytics
- Can pull from Sharepoint lists data
- The ability to cleanse data and transform easily
- The user interface is very easy to use for not so technical users
- The connections can be a bit slow to setup
- More functionality could be added to the process that can easily be transformed or cleansed
- Continue to add more data sources
- When I am not in the office, I can have someone that has used it only a hand full of times jump in and produce a great looking report by using the interface which is nice looking and intuitive. This strength of TDP is ideal for those reports that have to get out ASAP and an SMA is not available.
- The ER Diagrammer helps in building those relationships in a hurry if you're doing some business analysts. You can't get this feature for the price.
- I use the explain plan when I can't figure out why a query is not returning the results I think it should. It is a powerful tool and it's easy to see the problems with the representation.
- At times the tool does seem a little slow some speed tweaks would be welcome.
- To make it even more intuitive adding intellisense would be nice.
- A data presentation dash would be a nice touch to customize data.
- Toad is particularly good for writing SQL queries because of the drag and drop features that automatically create scripts as well as the intellisense feature for including specific columns in queries.
- Toad has a simple yet powerful automation script interface which makes it very easy to automate execution of queries and exporting of data.
- Toad has numerous data connection wizards, and it is very easy to connect to any data source.
- Toad boasts a cross connection query wizard, but queries have always run very slowly for me, and I do not use this feature after I initially tried it out.
- Toad sometimes crashes unexpectedly when I disconnect from data sources.
- Occasionally the intellisense feature hangs and doesn't return the column list when coding SQL. Also, the filters on the query results hang with larger result sets and then never pop up.
- We have excel files and sharepoint sites that we have to constantly be pulling data from. Previously we had to download, load into access or some other data software. Now we can just connect to all the sources.
- When you connect to a lot of different data sets the data can be a little unclean. The cleansing tool within Toad allows for you to sync up to layout of data pretty quickly
- The trending feature on the datasets that you pull is pretty useful, it basically shows how much variation their is in the column that you are looking at. For example if all the data is has the same value or every row is different (street addresses ).
- In the past I have had some issues with the connections to some sources like google analytics. Toad can continue to build its connection tools
- Sometimes the transformation and cleansing tool could be better utilized if they had a few more capabilities
- The products UI could be updated a bit but honestly I really cannot complain about this product
My team (IT Reporting & Analytics) is the only group within our organization that uses Toad Data Point.
We use this product to analyze and track issues within our analytics environment. When needed we use it to develop and manage functions/procedures and packages to enhance the analytics functionality of our environment
- We use Toad Data Point to analyze data structure and the quality of data within our analytics environment.
- It allows us to review, create, and modify programs within the Oracle database
- I find the explain plans that can be generating difficult to use, and should provide better suggestions as to how to improve performance
We receive calls from our functional areas complaining about inaccurate data. Toad makes it easy to track the data's progress from our ERP to the Analytics environment. This allows us to determine quickly were the problem lies and the ability to correct mistakes.
Toad Data point is not well suited for less technical users.