Overall Satisfaction with TrackMaven
As a communications department, we use TrackMaven to measure our social and earned media performance, monitor trending stories, keep tabs on what other companies and organizations are sharing, and benchmark our successes in content marketing.
- TrackMaven captures a slew of social media metrics and aggregates them in a single place. I still spend some time using native, platform-specific analytics software (e.g., analytics.twitter.com), but much less than I used to. For the most part, TrackMaven collects all the data I need -- every post, every share, every new follower, on every platform -- and feeds it into a single analytics tool.
- TrackMaven makes it easy to turn data into insights. A lot of that happens automatically: rather than just telling you how many times your followers interacted with a particular LinkedIn post, for example, TrackMaven will also tell you that it performed 3.6x better than average. With a few clicks, you can see how it stacked up to everything else you posted in a given time period (on that platform or others), or benchmark it (in absolute or relative terms) against other properties you track. We're especially fond of TrackMaven's visualizer tool, which is an intuitive way to measure metrics over time and tease out correlations between them.
- TrackMaven's team is simply the best. Whether we're having a quarterly review meeting or chatting over Gmail, TrackMaven has always gone the extra mile to make sure we're getting the most out of their software. Always available, helpful, and fun to work with.
- For the foreseeable future. TrackMaven is focused on measuring social sharing. We wish it also captured information about pageviews and monthly unique visitors -- the kind of data that lives inside Google Analytics -- or integrated it through an API. It would be exceptionally helpful not just to have all those metrics in one place, but also to easily measure correlations between them.
- Higher social media engagement across all platforms
- Greater share of voice in our industry