Paycom Reviews

May 17, 2021
Emily Fasano | TrustRadius Reviewer
Workforce management is
very essential for a business to grow and managing the data associated with
them is no less than a challenge. Paycom is designed in such a way that it
gives me a detailed insight into the entire working processes of my organization and
[in] staying at one platform I can have an idea about the future requirements.
This application is helping me in originating the data and keeping the process in flow.
  • Paycom is all [I] need to manage the talent. I can easily view a particular employee's progress through its working hours and so I easily promote the employee to the senior position and in case of any vacancy, I can publish the hiring note prior [to] the timings.
  • I can easily manage the workforce through talent acquisition and carry out all the activities associated with human resources management quite easily.
  • To manage the payroll is quite simple as it processes the receipts and the paychecks directly from the banks. Also, it gives me detailed reporting about particular employee’s data and offers an easy association with accounting software, thus I have got rid of manual maintenance of the data.
  • Paycom could bring more flexibility in their pricing policy and should provide some detailed videos about how we could manage the passwords because I think for beginners it’s confusing.
  • Integration should be provided with other similar applications for easy dragging and dropping of the data.
It is one of the most advanced hiring management platforms. I will suggest this tool for organizing the employees’ data and for controlling your budget. It will provide you a clear picture of your finance utilization and
offers good administration features. Through this application, we can easily
control the risks and lawsuits. Paycom will help you to cross-check the lawsuits and to manage the tax.
Read Emily Fasano's full review
Diana Pigg | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycom is used by the whole organization. We use the application process, background process, new hire orientation, benefit set up, time and attendance, employee self-service every step of the employee process from start to end. This is a great time saver in that all the different pieces work together and the flow is seamless.
  • Employee self-service is user-friendly and gives the employee the ability to see all their employment info in one source.
  • In the Time and Attendance section, if an hourly employee is missing a punch in/out they will receive an email reminder that this is needed and their supervisor will also receive the same email reminder.
  • Reporting is great and user-friendly. You do not have to be an IT expert to run and create endless reports.
  • Benefits enrollment is a great time saver. Being able to upload the different benefits info to the site and have the employee be able to see it is a big paper and time saver.
  • Our company code is 0UF14 with the first digit being a zero. I had to reset many of employees' access due to this. Seems silly but when we were all new to the system I spent a lot of time dealing with this.
  • The COVID issues and our specialist working from home did not always give me the fastest answers to any questions that came up. They would have to create a ticket for research if they did not have the answer themselves.
  • This is a pricey system, but you do get what you pay for.
Paycom is user-friendly once you learn the language (all payroll companies have their own language). I love the one-page how-to section I have used this several times and it is easy to share with the employees. There is a lot of time needed to set up sections like manager access and benefits mostly because the system is so robust. When you do find something that is not set up correctly, it is pretty easy to correct to make it work for your needs.
Read Diana Pigg's full review
April 08, 2021
Raveena Thakur | TrustRadius Reviewer
I had the best experience with Paycom but I feel like there is a need [for] more customization-based system to make it more user-centric. Other than that I have used some more products in the specific area like Paycor and SAP. We have different organizations and different levels thus I feel like the data customization should be there.
  • [Hassle] free
  • Systematic approach
  • Lot[s] of features
  • More customizations
  • Need oriented
  • Separation of data
According to me, it is [the] best place to store the data regarding [a] number of employees, when you work in a large organization it seems very hectic to manage the data thus Paycom is best on that part. But some customization option[s] are required for further more ease so that one can organize it more systematically.
Read Raveena Thakur's full review
June 11, 2021
Samantha Perch | TrustRadius Reviewer
We implemented Paycom 6 weeks ago across our entire organization. We use all aspects of the system except the training section. We have 7 different locations and each location has begun the implementation.
We have closed 3 payrolls so far. Each time, it starts to make more sense to us.
  • Cater to your organization
  • Works individually with you
  • Knowledgeable about all aspects of the system
  • Ease of use, there is a lot of information but is sometimes too much for employees
  • Geofencing does not work as described due to different cell phone accounts
  • Connecting with Outlook
  • Ability to text through system
If you have specific needs, they will work with you to create the system how you want it.
Read Samantha Perch's full review
May 28, 2021
Stacey Heyes | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycom is used by our entire organization and has streamlined many processes for us. Payroll is simplified and the burden of tax and garnishment compliance has been shifted off of us. Our managers are now able to complete concise requests by submitting a simple form in the system instead of sending emails back and forth for weeks on end.
  • Streamlining processes.
  • Implementing the system itself.
  • Training and help on continued usage.
  • Make sure all functionality truly fits your organization's needs; not all modules make sense for every organization.
Paycom is great for organizations that have a simplified GL structure or minimal locations. The position management can get complicated if your GL is location-based and you have many locations. It is also great for a workforce that works off of mobile devices. So many transactions can be completed on the app.
Read Stacey Heyes's full review
May 26, 2021
Mary Jane (Mj) Toscano | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paycom for our payroll and HR processes across our entire organization. It allows for all our documentation to be housed in one location for easy access. It also assists with compliance for FMLA and OSHA record keeping. Beginning with the onboarding process, all the way through termination is one stop shopping to digitally house all our documentation.
  • Responsiveness to customer needs - The are able to assign a dedicated specialist who will be able to help resolve issues quickly.
  • Training - There are always webinars and online tools to assist you in learning what you need to know.
  • Innovation - Paycom is always staying ahead of the curve by adding new products to their already robust platform.
  • Set up of new file feeds takes too long from implementation to production.
  • The home screen is not able to be customized by the user.
Paycom is a user friendly platform that allows for all payroll and HR processes to be integrated into one platform. As a company with 300 team members, it allows for employees to access their benefits, make direct deposit changes, elect benefits, [and] view paychecks, which takes a large burden off the HR and Payroll departments. Employees are able to access all this information from a mobile device which makes it most valuable for a remote work force.
Read Mary Jane (Mj) Toscano's full review
May 19, 2021
Candace Mitchell | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycom is being used by the HR department to streamline core HR processes that are necessary for managing and retaining talent. We use it to track employee lifecycle through all stages from hiring, tracking to paying employees and the entire employee information is managed in this single solution. It is also used as an onboarding solution that ensures new hires adapt to the company quickly.
  • Automation of payroll processing and applicant tracking.
  • It is used to prepare employees to step into new roles.
  • It helps in sorting applicants using information such as work history, specific skill sets, and more.
  • Grouping of employees is confusing.
  • The login process is lengthy and cumbersome.
Paycom is used to find and hire the best talent from a rich talent pool and ensures the new hires are able to adapt quickly to the company culture. We have used Paycom to assist employees to improve on their skills and build career paths. We are able to streamline the payroll processing and tax management and ensure payroll is calculated accurately and employees are paid on time.
Read Candace Mitchell's full review
May 19, 2021
Andrea Gossard | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's being used across the whole organization but in a fairly limited capacity. We are primarily addressing salary & hourly payroll/timekeeping. We have the document management product but we are not using it for onboarding currently. The problem that Paycom is solving is the complexity of running payroll with all employees at different locations (construction job sites) and some employees (hourly) moving between job sites throughout the week and needing to report time with different teams/locations in a timely manner. Prior to having Paycom, we manually issued checks and did not issue payroll via direct deposit.
  • Functionality of the website & app have easy navigation.
  • Prompt response of sales team when help was needed as we got started.
  • Additional products available for use as company grows/needs HR support.
  • As a small company, we don't have a large HR department to handle the rollout of the Paycom system. Templates for "user onboarding" would be nice for distribution to company employees.
  • Tell users that their login to the app won't be available for 24 hours after sign up in the intro email.
  • Consider providing a "follow up" report to C level in the company for usage of products/underutilized system components in case HR representative is not adequately implementing Paycom with employees.
Paycom is well suited for companies/employees with access to computers/smartphones. It would be less appropriate with employees don't have company-provided access to technology. Paycom is easier to implement when you a company has a robust HR team that can help onboard employees and are experienced in setting up companies in the Paycom system. In smaller companies, there's less focus on process & existing procedures/know-how on the HR side, more support is needed from Paycom to ensure that the system is being utilized to its fullest potential.
Read Andrea Gossard's full review
April 19, 2021
Kim Broeren | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycom is used across our whole organization. The employees love being able to access their information on their phone app. Currently don't see any business problems with using Paycom.
  • Love the communication that Paycom allows with management/HR/payroll to employees.
  • Easy to make your own custom reports.
  • Onboarding is slick and easy.
  • Excel reports could use a little revamping to make them easier to look at and work with.
I would definitely recommend Paycom to anyone who is looking to switch. The support and response time has been amazing.
Read Kim Broeren's full review
April 19, 2021
Catherine Yakoubi | TrustRadius Reviewer
HRIS/Payroll across the whole organization. The organization is 5 discreet companies - restaurants,fitness/spa facilities, drive-ins/public markets
  • integrated modules/functions across multiple HR disciplines
  • preset reports
  • training videos
  • product updates - it's easy to overlook multiple Paycom generic emails and miss an update or run into the update/screen changes when using Paycom. I accept i have some responsibility in this, but if they were pushed from the client account rep - appearing to be a personal email, i would be more apt to read them (email overload)
  • accidental changes to 'other things' when some updates are made. I wish i could be more specific, but there have been times when an update impacts a different module and creates errors or unexpected results in the way we're using Paycom. it can be a long time until that ticket gets attention, though i can't imagine how to mitigate this.
While I appreciate the training provided in Paycom University, as an administrative user in HR, managing and engaged in transactions for multiple businesses, I've found my learning curve/training in Paycom to be a bit 'choppy'. I came into the company 2 years after they'd implemented it and perhaps the training issue is an internal departmental issue, but some kind of customized curriculum might have helped. I'm still getting surprised 'aha' moments to know "Oh! that exists in Paycom!! I've been doing it manually, or working to get that info when it's already there!"
Read Catherine Yakoubi's full review
April 13, 2021
Elizabeth Garvin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycom allowed me to add efficiencies into my daily tasks. There were a few bumps along the way but the dedicated customer support team was always there to help out and show me how to use the product to get the results I needed. Thanks Sharla!
  • Customer Support
  • Listening to what the customers want, and trying their best to provide it.
  • Accuracy
  • Providing new ideas that are relevant to me
  • Always up selling when visiting
  • Implementation took awhile
Paycom can fit any size business and grasps the needs of a company fairly quickly. I have had great support from our dedicated support team and have never had to apologize for not knowing how something worked.
  • in-person training
The dedicated support team is awesome!
Paycom is fairly intuitive but lacks customizable solutions.
They are not able to meet our current needs
Read Elizabeth Garvin's full review
April 07, 2021
Maurice Samuels | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycom has been used department-wide for time tracking and record keeping for employee attendance, work scheduling, and compensation. My usage was via their Android phone app. It's a logical, easy-to-use, one-stop-shop for a great majority of HR-related resources, except healthcare-related benefit information.
  • Usable anytime, 24/7.
  • No constant app updates.
  • Data is able to be downloaded in many common formats, ie pdfs, docs, etc.
  • Information is only as valid/up-to-date as sources from HR data sources.
  • No hotlinking (ability to call/text) for follow-up on data source information.
  • No phone app to pc functionality.
  • Project tracking.
  • Multi week/month/year employee compensation.
  • Time management, including holiday and weekend time.
  • Downloadable user training and manuals.
  • Usable via phone app, hence usable from anywhere that has standard cell service or wifi.
  • In 1 full year of usage, not one occasion of downtime.
  • All in-app data that is input is easily searchable.
Read Maurice Samuels's full review
March 31, 2021
Aaron Elkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Paycom to input and process payroll and to file quarterly payroll taxes.
  • I can log in anywhere and process payroll even when I'm not at the office
  • Good value for services provided
  • A shorter lead time from when payroll needs to be submitted before check date to avoid fees
Any business that does not have direct deposit, or [that] uses an outside accountant for payroll would be well served by Paycom.
Read Aaron Elkins's full review
March 30, 2021
Stephenny Queiroz | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycom was used for our HR & Payroll Services. It is a place where both employees and employers can log in.
  • Great implementation team-- very detailed and caters to your needs.
  • A wonderful one stop shop for both payroll and HR services
  • Very easy for employees to log in and see and/or change their information like tax elections and paystubs
  • Could be a little more user friendly. Sometimes you have to do several clicks to get somewhere.
  • A little expensive. A lot of features are not included, but an added price.
I will definitely recommend Paycom because we had a good experience with the integration. Many of their features are super cool and super helpful. However, for the LMS, I think it could be a little more customizable
Read Stephenny Queiroz's full review
March 22, 2021
Leah Webb | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used Paycom across the entire organization. I implemented most modules Paycom has to offer. We found the process intuitive. We also relied on our specialist for additional help when needed. It is fantastic to know who you will speak with and that they are familiar with your account. The platform solved our compliance training, document retention, timely tax payments, workflows, time off requests, and labor allocation.
  • Customer Support is stellar! One team handles your questions.
  • Benefits enrollment a breeze, edi feeds between carriers no longer a worry.
  • of course payroll is awesome! import files, and verify import data match before you submit!
  • document & task management --love, love, love
  • Applicant tracking is not as robust as it could be. Calendar integration would be great.
  • Performance Assessments- they work, but as the world of work changes, this module could use a refresh. calendar integration is most helpful.
  • more outside application integration
I love paycom for most things.
  1. Payroll
  2. Benefits Admin
  3. I love the PAF process and workflow
  4. Document retention and task management
  5. compliance training
  6. I9 & Everify
Things that don't work as well as they could:
ATS
Performance Assessment for more frequent 1:1's
other application integration

Read Leah Webb's full review
February 22, 2021
TERESA ESCAMILLA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycom is being utilized through out the organization in the HR department, benefits, compensation, training, all annual reporting, 401K, EEOC, workers Comp and annual government census.
  • Payroll
  • Employee Data
  • Data for reporting
  • PTO tracker
  • Terminations
  • Compensation data
  • N/A
I have been asked about the utilization of Paycom in my daily work activity, from peers in the HR industry and large and small companies.
I have never come across a system that does everything I need it to do. The functionality [of Paycom] is above any that I have had to use in the past.
Read TERESA ESCAMILLA's full review
June 13, 2021
Vidal Quintanilla MPH LSSBB | TrustRadius Reviewer
We currently use Paycom platform and all its modules. We have implemented this HRIS across our whole organization. I like to keep the employees experience in mind, and Paycom allows me to keep everyone with one username and password.
  • Applicant Tracking System.
  • Self-onboarding module.
  • I-9 completions and storing.
  • Regulatory Compliance Module.
  • Background Vendor.
I like the fact that its web based and employees can access it from terminals onsite.
Read Vidal Quintanilla MPH LSSBB's full review
June 03, 2021
Ralph F. Petagna Jr., CPA, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our firm uses Paycom for multiple services, including time-off requests and tracking, payroll information, firm expense reimbursement, employee manuals and documents, benefits enrollment, and tax documents. It is a one-stop shop for all employees to access their information and documents.
  • Time off requests, very easy to input and review
  • Mobile app; very easy to access and use
  • View paystub and payroll information
  • N/A
Paycom is perfect for any organization with salaried workers. It houses all the information and features a firm needs to support its human resource functions and convey information and collect data from employees.
Read Ralph F. Petagna Jr., CPA, MBA's full review
SHELLEY MARTINEZ | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paycom as a whole across our business.
  • Timekeeping: This feature is great, the employees have access to their own time keeping.
  • Report: You can pull any kind of report or create any kind of report you wish out of Paycom.
  • Benefits: The tracking with benefits is amazing and very easy for employees to follow.
  • Training modules: Need to be updated.
  • Performance reviews: Would like to see peer to peer set up.
Overall, Paycom is a great system. For home health care it is a little tricky. We are a home health agency and use Kantime also.
Read SHELLEY MARTINEZ's full review
January 07, 2021
Anne Keef | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across the organization. All Employees. All departments manage their time. Benefits. Days off etc. They also approve time off and manage employees under them.
  • Tracks hours
  • Tracks time off
  • Allows you to adjust taxes or deduction and see check results before actually committing
  • Constantly changing password
Paycom is well suited for companies with more than ten employees. Employees no longer have to punch a clock but can access by phone or laptop or computer. Administration can approve hours. Can approve time off requests almost immediately because they are notified with all requests. Employees can check their time, their vacation, their deductions, benefits from their app. Human Resources made simple.
Read Anne Keef's full review
April 22, 2021
Kristine Rupp | TrustRadius Reviewer
We chose Paycom as our payroll provider over three years ago. But along with Paycom, we've digitized our onboarding to be paperless, something new hires can do on their smartphone. Paycom lso integrates our benefits administration seamlessly. They are also our HRIS for documenting all employee documenting.
  • Excellent customer service.
  • Onboarding is exceptional.
  • They continue to update their website and make it better every month.
  • I would like there to be a batch edit function on the timecards, on the employee or client side.
I have worked with four payroll companies and Paycom is able to provide everything we need in the most cohesive way.
Read Kristine Rupp's full review
April 16, 2021
Katie McKinlay | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paycom across our entire company for time management, PTO/time off management, performance reviews, employee information, benefits information and reporting.
  • All-inclusive. You can manage time, PTO, performance, and employee information all in one place.
  • Performance Management is great because you can set goals and review them with your manager as well as see past information and reviews.
  • The time management function is great. Easy to understand for employees as well as easy to understand, correct, and approve for managers.
  • Reporting could be more built out so that there are more options to get the reporting/data specific to the company.
  • The 'invalid request' message pops up a lot when trying to input employee information.
  • Paycom isn't very user-friendly for employees.
For a small to mid-sized company, Paycom would be a good fit.
Read Katie McKinlay's full review
April 16, 2021
Samuel Rodriguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paycom across the whole organization. We use it to track time-cards and hours for hourly and salaried employees, to track time-off requests and approval for hourly and salaried employees, and it helps to make sure every employee gets paid the correct amounts on time. We also use Paycom for recruiting and candidate tracking.
  • Centralized web-based application; can be used from anywhere
  • Seamless interface between the web portal and mobile access
  • Implementation was a nightmare
  • If you have employees in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands, run away from Paycom
  • Lack of communication from within the organization
  • Tax team is not customer facing, so information got lost in the several steps they have
I will definitely not recommend Paycom to a colleague. We spent over 10 months on the implementation and they moved us from implementation to production without even telling us. One day we had an implementation contact, the next we have a permanent contact that wasn't even aware of all the pending issues we had with Paycom from the implementation phase. After several discussions with people all over the organization and having to repeat ourselves several times, we still have pending issues. The salespeople were always overpromising while the implementation team keep underachieving. And most of the items the salespeople mention are included during the sale, but they aren't implemented without an additional charge. One of the worst experiences in my professional career.
  • Online training
I would give them initially an F, when you are getting support and you have to start to ask for leads, supervisors and managers you know there will be problems. that is exactly what we got. The worst part is when you are having issues like late fillings, mistakes on fillings and you get an e-mail sent to you in response by mistake from another client of Paycom and you realized they are having the same issues as you.
The product is pretty easy to use, and easy to teach others how to use. Our issues with Paycom are more on the support side, the issue about sales team overpromising and then implementation and support underdelivering. Simple things like state fillings being late and start to accumulate late fees, interests and surcharges just make it worse.
Read Samuel Rodriguez's full review
April 09, 2021
Tasha Stefanatos | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paycom for their payroll services. Their services are awesome. Their system is easy to use. Anytime that I have a question the staff is amazing and is SO helpful. They are prompt in answering my questions and concerns.
  • Their payroll system is SUPER easy.
  • Their staff is very knowledgeable. They walk me through any questions and mistakes that I make.
  • And did I mention how nice and helpful their staff is -- in ALL areas!
  • The Paycom system is awesome in the areas that I use it for. I have no suggestions that I can give.
Read Tasha Stefanatos's full review
May 05, 2021
We use Paycom across our organization for everything from hiring, to timekeeping and payroll to HR and benefits management. Paycom has provided a one-stop-shop for all of our HR/Payroll needs.
  • Paycom's Pay data grid and payroll processing features streamline the payroll process.
  • Timekeeping is very versatile. We are in California and have a lot of timekeeping laws that must be managed. With Paycom, we have the ability to use various clocking types(web, hardware, etc.) They keep us in compliance with the meal period penalty issues as well.
  • File feeding employee information to our benefits carriers has been a huge help and timesaver.
  • We process payroll with different pay period end dates, but the same pay date. Currently, Paycom does not have the ability to do that as one payroll. They have to be split and processed separately.
  • We would like to see more ability to view as an employee so when creating things we know beforehand exactly what our employees will be seeing and how they will use features.
  • We would like to see better customization of some reports in Paycom, specifically their worker's comp reports.
Paycom is great for companies of any size. We utilize it for a company of 50 employees and on with 350 employees. The functions a simple and easy to use. It's well suited for a large or small group of HR and payroll professionals working together in an organization to manage employees.

Employee demographic data (119)
Employment history (114)
Job profiles and administration (113)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (115)
Organizational charting (85)
Organization and location management (95)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (94)
Pay calculation (140)
Support for external payroll vendors (47)
6.7
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (13)
Benefit plan administration (112)
Direct deposit files (140)
Salary revision and increment management (115)
Reimbursement management (86)
Approval workflow (117)
Balance details (119)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (104)
View and generate pay and benefit information (143)
Update personal information (144)
View company policy documentation (121)
Employee recognition (73)
View job history (112)
Tracking of all physical assets (26)
5.0
Report builder (112)
Pre-built reports (110)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (55)
5.5
New hire portal (103)
Manager tracking tools (92)
Corporate goal setting (36)
4.2
Individual goal setting (65)
Line-of sight-visibility (35)
4.2
Performance tracking (68)
Performance plans (81)
Performance improvement plans (80)
Review status tracking (79)
Review reminders (83)
Multiple review frequency (78)
Create succession plans/pools (24)
9.2
Candidate ranking (30)
Candidate search (33)
6.3
Candidate development (29)
5.7
Job Requisition Management (68)
Company Website Posting (70)
Publish to Social Media (55)
6.7
Job Search Site Posting (63)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (63)
6.5
Applicant Tracking (73)
Notifications and Alerts (76)

What is Paycom?

Paycom provides HR and payroll technology to enhance the entire employee life cycle, all in a single software. The software aims to be everything users need — from hire to retire — in one system to empower the entire organization. Through its self-service app, employees can request time off, clock in and out, access their paystubs and more, anywhere and anytime, allowing them to be accountable for the accuracy of their personal data. Instead of HR fielding and tracking down answers for employees, questions are automatically routed to the right person to answer them, driving efficiency and freeing HR to focus on strategic initiatives. Its Direct Data Exchange tool calculates real-time ROI gained through HR tech usage and identifies opportunities for further efficiencies.

Paycom Features

Human Resource Management Features

Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

Has featurePay calculation
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Has featureStatutory form management

Leave and Attendance Management Features

Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment

Employee Self Service Features

Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureEmployee recognition

HR Reporting Features

Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor

Performance Management Features