Overall Satisfaction with Untangle NG Firewall
I use Untangle NG Firewall at our main facility, our offsite clinic locations and I installed one for a private clinic. We use it mainly for web filtration but we also utilize the antivirus, intrusion detection, ad blocking etc. Untangle protects our whole organization. Untangle has almost completely stopped malware infections and prevents bandwidth from being wasted on non-business related activities. We have policies configured so that some users are directed through specific racks that are not as restrictive as the default rack. It just works and does not impact the business processes of the organization.
- Web filtration works well and is very easy to manage. The interface is intuitive and makes dealing with end user issues quick and easy to resolve.
- Bandwidth control is a nice feature that quickly lets you determine where the offending bandwidth consumer is.
- The reporting feature is rich and the emailed reports help you determine any potential problems that may need to be addressed.
- Probably the documentation, the online tutorials could be a little more up to date and clearer.
- The positive is the savings in time the IT department has recouped by not having to continuously clean and maintain end point computers. Not to mention helping end user use their time more wisely by not wasting time on non-work related web activities.
- The only negative is complaints from end users about the restrictions.