Overall Satisfaction with Untangle NG Firewall
We use Untangle NG Firewall to protect our network from viruses, spam, phishing, and advertisements. In addition to those features, we use it to prevent users from going to websites that they shouldn't be going to while at work. It is deployed for the whole organization and has helped reduce malware infections from our domain computers while improving employee productivity.
- Filters websites by category.
- Blocks and quarantines large amounts of spam.
- The reporting module is very detailed.
- Support team is very responsive.
- The dashboard is a great feature.
- A network inventory app would be helpful.
- Before my installation, I was getting called 3-4 times a week to clean malware infections. Now I am getting called 3-4 times a year.
- Employees are far more productive when they can't access their social media from their work computers.
- Spam has been blocked and quarantined from hitting our users' inboxes, drastically reducing the time it takes to sort through daily email.
We looked at SonicWall Web Content Filtering Services that can be added to our SonicWall firewall by purchasing a license. Untangle offered more functionality that solved a few of our problems at a cheaper price. Untangle offers a non-profit discount for 501c3 organizations which is what tipped the scales in their favor for our org.
Untangle NG Firewall is well suited in most scenarios where you are looking for a piece of software that can perform many functions, such as web filtering, spam prevention, phishing prevention, application control, and IP Sec VPN. They offer different licensing options with the paid product. The free product comes with a handful of apps and does not include technical support.