Overall Satisfaction with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365
Despite moving everything to Office 365, Microsoft doesn't do a very good job backing up files stored in Office 365. In comes Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to the rescue. This software provides the assurance that our Office 365 tenant has the proper backups, and allows us to control our backups in a manner that's consistent with our Veeam backups for on-premises servers.
- Allows for backups of Microsoft Office 365 to be stored anywhere--locally on-premises or in the cloud
- Backs up Sharepoint, OneDrive, Exchange Online, and Teams files
- Backs up and restores files with the same ease and reliability as Veeam Backup and Recovery
- Restoring files or emails is granular, so there's no need for large bulk restores when you just need a single file/email recovered
- The initial seeding of backups, especially for large environments, can take a long time--understand your backup sizes ahead of time (this is less a function of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 than of Internet physics)
- Backups sometimes take longer than I want, but I'm impatient and mostly blame Microsoft.
- I wish Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 was integrated in Veeam Backup and Recovery
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 allows us to rest at night knowing that a proven solution is in charge of our Office 365 backups.
- You already need to spend money on a backup solution for Microsoft 365, so why not go with a leader in the backup industry.
- YMMV, but the ROI is immeasurable. Without Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365. We would have easily lost countless hours recreating lost documents and emails.
I have been involved with IT management companies for many years, so I hear horror stories about companies that don't have a proper Microsoft Office 365 backup solution in place. There are many solutions available, but a lot of them are unknown players in the industry. I've seen some pretty terrible interfaces for Office 365 backups, so I wanted to rely on the same quality we are so used to from Veeam; it was a no-brainer.
Simple and intuitive interface, flexible options to store backups on site or in the cloud (AWS, Azure, etc.). Backups and restores are relatively quick.
We have end-users who swear up and down that something was deleted and that it needs to be recovered now. I have confidence in Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 to go back to a point and restore their files/emails without any problems. In the near future, we are also planning on storing our backups in AWS S3 for immutable backups for better protection against malware attacks.
Most of the time we restore mailbox items to the user's mailbox, however there are times we need to provide HR with a .PST file. With Veeam Backup for Office 365, I enjoy the flexibility we have for restoring files, whether they're destined for the end-user or second party.
I don't want to think about my backups, so Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is a no-brainer. I want to make sure I can store my backups in a fashion that is consistent to our company's Recovery Point/Time Objective.
We also use Barracuda's Cloud-to-Cloud Office 365 backup. The installation and setup were pretty easy, much like with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365. Barracuda's solution works as an alternative backup solution, but the interface is terrible. Troubleshooting backup issues in Barracuda's Cloud-to-Cloud backup is cumbersome at best. While the backup errors we've experienced weren't serious, I had to re-read the error and really hunt for the issue Barracuda was complaining about. When I restore, the interface is very slow to update the fact that I'm actually doing a restore.
Generally Veeam's support is excellent. I haven't had any issues with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365, so I can't really rate them on their technical support. When I called them for a dumb question, they were able to answer quickly without a lot of hoopla.
Do you think Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365's feature set?
Did Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 go as expected?
Would you buy Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 again?
If you have Office 365, you need to ensure you have reliable backups you can recover from. You should never assume that Microsoft is backing up your data. Since you need a solution, why not choose a product that is flexible, solid, and reliable? If you are an existing Veeam customer, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 fits right in with what you're already using.