Overall Satisfaction with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365
We use Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 across the whole organisation to ensure that we have a complete on-prem backup of our Office 365 data. It helps us to solve the problems that are created by cloud-based SaaS where the data is stored off-prem and on other companies' servers. By using Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 we can completely automate the process of keeping a copy of all that data on-prem and recover any that might be lost for any reason.
- Fast Deployment - Removes the usual barriers associated with setting up and configuring backup software, meaning our data is protected quicker.
- Simple Interface - Means that training of employees to use the software is minimal and ensures that there are no complications when adding data to backup.
- Low TCO - The per user subscription model is priced at a level which makes it extremely cost effective and almost a no brainer for finance to approve budget for.
- Currently the explorers for viewing the backed-up data are separate applications, it would be nice to have this functionality built into the main Veeam Backup for Office 365 interface to speed up recovery.
- A dashboard that opens when you run the admin console that displays the relevant data about the backups of each of the Office 365 data types backed-up so that you can see any issues quickly.
- Can be difficult to reconfigure the organisation due to certificate and secrets having to be re-entered but the certificate created by the software is not kept.
- It has allowed us to meet our objectives of ensuring that all corporate data is fully backed up from the cloud and that our Business Continuity & DR policies are fully functional.
- At about £1.20 per user per month (based on 32 users) it allows me to meet the companies requirements and for much less than they had budgeted for leaving more for other areas of the business
- There are no negative impacts, really, the product just works out of the box and with minimal expense to the business - what more can you ask to protect your organisations interests.
Like most companies, we believed that our data was safe when stored in the Office 365 cloud environment and that Microsoft took all the required steps to secure it and also to protect it from loss. Unfortunately, an article in an online blog sent shockwaves through the team when we found out that Microsoft does not actively backup your Office 365 data and that all organisations needed to ensure that they had some form of backup system in place to ensure that if Microsoft had a major failure or your data was compromised and deleted somehow. It was at this point we started looking for solutions to the need of backing up Office 365 data and as a user of Veeam Backup & Recovery for our VM's and Physical systems we knew that we could rely on them to offer a solution that would work out of the box.
The software is so intuitive and simple to use that there is almost no need to read the manuals in order to install, configure or administrate it. Costs and time can be saved due to this as no real staff training is required other than to show them where it is installed and how to open the console. Restoring data is made fast too with missing data restored with a few clicks and minimal downtime.
We have needed to restore a few e-mails that a user accidentally deleted and was not able to be recovered by the default Exchange retention policies for deleted items. The process was made quick and simple with the ability to locate and recover the missing items directly into the user's mailbox seamlessly. The explorers that let you view and search the data for each of the Office 365 data types are excellent.
We have not benefited from this flexibility yet having only restored to Office 365, however we are planning on using it to export the mailboxes of leavers to PST so that we can delete their mailbox from the system - we expect this to be a great time saver compared with our current method of exporting them via Outlook.
My favourite features of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 are the following:
- Explorers - These are available for Teams, Exchange and SharePoint and allow you to view the data you have backed up on user by user basis and quickly locate the data that you want to restore or recover.
- Simplicity - I can say enough about this, the product is powerful but really simple to use.
The technical support from Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is extremely good compared with others in the software industry. They have multiple channels to obtain support and all of them offer fast, friendly and knowledgeable responses that resolve 99% of queries the first time around. Even if you are simply looking to know how to do something within the software they will remote on and talk you through the process, rather than just send you to a prewritten guide online.
Do you think Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365's feature set?
Did Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 go as expected?
Would you buy Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 again?
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is a must for any organisation that uses Exchange, OneDrive, Teams or SharePoint on the Office 365 platform it is perfect for a small to medium-sized business that wants a quick, effective, and low-cost solution to ensure that they protect their corporate data stored in the Microsoft cloud, remember that Microsoft doesn't make any guarantees about backing up and recovering your data so if you have problems and lose it without the backups you will not be able to recover easily. For larger enterprises it is possibly too basic and maybe lacking in features that they would expect, they may be better off using the integration with larger backup software.