Overall Satisfaction with Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365
Currently, we are using Microsoft O365 for departmental purposes. Veeam Backup for O365 is being used for all the users who are using Microsoft O365 email services. Since Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is not available for other email services backup, we cannot extend its usability and platform for email server backup as of now.
- Simple to deploy and ease of use for management.
- Multiple options for storing backup, including on-premise and on the cloud.
- Once configured, backup task runs automatically.
- Backup can complete users' profiles in Emails/Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams.
- Currently, we cannot delete old backups, which consumes the allotted storage space.
- Management is not cloud-based.
- It requires the latest update to run.
- Multiple licenses are a bit confusing.
- Positive - We are able to restore emails on the fly with Veeam Backup.
- Positive - We have a backup of the complete email repository (for O365) on our local storage (HO).
- Licensing is not that costly.
- Provides flexibility for scheduling when the backup process needs to start.
Veeam Backup was required for our Microsoft Office 365 email service users, as with MS you do not get the flexibility of setting policies or configuring the backup and retention period. If a user deleted an email or lost access to their email repository, it was a tedious task to restore that email. Hence, it was necessary to use a backup tool for MS O365. We are getting almost all usability features and functionality with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 is a simple to deploy, easy-to-use, and user and admin-friendly tool. We can schedule the backup and it's easy to restore it. Also, this is not just for email backup. With Veeam you can even take backup of other MS services like Teams, SharePoint, and other tools that are bundled with Microsoft O365 service.
Yes, we have partially benefitted. Users have control and access to their data. It is not restricted or managed by admins. When users accidentally delete some emails, files, or in case of any attack or malware incident, we can restore the data back to its original form with the help of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365.
Yes, we have utilized this feature of restoring user emails. Sometimes users want to restore an email from a particular day. Sometimes users want to restore their entire email database. With Veeam Backup, we are resolving both issues. Also, MS O365's current backup strategy is on the cloud, but with Veeam Backup we are able to take the backup and dump it in our local storage. This saves a lot of money.
- Scheduling of backup process - We have enabled backup of email after work hours. In other words, when users are not working on anything the backup starts. This gives us 2 major benefits, backup of the entire day's work and not affecting user productivity by consuming additional resources.
- On-site storage - Saves a lot of time and bandwidth for user backup. Also saves a lot of money as we are utilizing our on-premise storage.
We received support from Veeam for the initial setup, but since the configuration was done successfully we have not raised any calls or support tickets on the Veeam TAC/support center.
Do you think Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365's feature set?
Did Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 go as expected?
Would you buy Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 again?
If you are using Microsoft Office 365, Veeam Backup is the best suited. By default, Microsoft Office 365 provides backup for only 30 days so Microsoft recommends using a 3rd party tool for achieving backup of user emails for storage purposes or restoration purposes. We are able to schedule when the backup process needs to start.