Veeam is the Best Backup & Recovery SaaS that you will ever need as an enterprise!
April 13, 2021

Software Version

Community Edition

Overall Satisfaction with Veeam Backup & Replication

I use it for backing up my files and programming assignments. My first experience using Veeam was actually from my uncle where I helped him to back up his inboxes and server web files.
  • Endpoints and physical servers running Windows & Linux
  • Virtualized workloads
  • Cloud-hosted VMs within AWS or Azure
  • Application-centric recovery using Veeam Explorers (for Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint, etc)
  • “Instant” recovery or portability between platforms (physical > virtual > cloud-hosted)
  • The user interface is very responsive and has a good balance of user-friendliness and functionality.
  • Robust backup options for exchange servers.
  • Backup scheduling is very consistent and quick.
  • Requires some learning curve, not much of a plug-and-play service.
(Personal) One -- my personal computer. Yes, I got hooked up using Veeam when working for my uncle, so now I decided to use it for my personal use as well.

(Enterprise) At least six servers, two file servers, and four exchange servers were backed up. I was only in charge of the file servers and some occasional help in the exchange servers, but the overall experience has been smooth.
  • A lot! We ditched our current backup vendor of 10 years for Veeam as we're undergoing a cloud migration and decided to try some more robust backup service. The community edition was more than enough, but I can see how other mid-sized companies are willing to pay for the enterprise edition.
The need to transition local on-premise servers to the cloud is what started the use of Veeam. My ex-company was undergoing a migration to the cloud where lots of files in databases has to be backed up. Other backup services does not have robust cloud features unlike Veeam and the user interface is not pleasant to use. Although Veeam doesn't possess the best UI, it presents itself in a very professional interface and the performance also speaks for itself, which makes it the perfect professional backup service for my ex-company.
It has not happened to my company during my employment, but being able to move all files to the cloud via Veeam provides a reliable fallback if the on-premise server fails unexpectedly. In fact, our on-premise has been hacked before due to a security backdoor, which motivated the need to transition into cloud storage. It never hurts to go the extra mile to protecting data from disasters, and Veeam has done a great job providing such services.
As far as I could recall, we did not use this feature.
Veeam is definitely robust. So robust that as a student myself, it has lots of features that I cannot utilize, but the consistency and responsiveness the app provides is worth the slightly higher learning curve to schedule backup and copy jobs.

In my uncle's company, however, its pretty similar, but now I'm backing up databases and exchange server, which the process, are very straightforward as well.