Overall Satisfaction with Veeam Backup & Replication
Veeam Backup & Replication is used on 1 physical Windows Server 2016 Datacenter server to back up the operating system and 5 Virtual Machines running on Hyper-V and on 4 Windows 10 Pro PCs.
These are the downsides I encountered:
- the interface is not user firendly compared to other similar software
- in the recovery media there is no possibility to clone
- often the calculation of the remaining time is not accurate
These are the positives that I found:
- very fast both in the backup and restore phases
- amazing maximum compression level!
- very complete and feature-rich backup scheduling interface
- allows you to identify bottlenecks
- Virtualized workloads
- Endpoints and physical servers running Windows & Linux
- In addition to back up, we also replicate some of these workloads
- In addition to back up, we also snapshot some of these workloads
- Amazing maximum compression level!
- Very fast both in the backup and restore phases
- Allows you to identify bottlenecks
- Very complete and feature-rich backup scheduling interface
- The interface is not user firendly compared to other similar software
- In the recovery media there is no possibility to clone
- Often the calculation of the remaining time is not accurate
Do you think Veeam Data Platform delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Veeam Data Platform's feature set?
Did Veeam Data Platform live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Veeam Data Platform go as expected?
Would you buy Veeam Data Platform again?
Veeam Backup & Replication is used in my company to protect 5 Windows, Linux and Unix based Hyper-V VMs. Before acquiring the product I didn't think at all of using Veeam for this type of work as I thought extra software was needed to manage VM backup / restore.
- The very positive impact is that Veeam Backup & Replication CE offers the possibility to use almost all the functions of the paid version for free.
- Another positive impact is that Veeam B&R offers the possibility with a single software and a single interface to protect practically any type of device (Windows, Linux, Unix, various VM, ...).
- Veeam Backup & Replication offers the possibility to protect any type of company, even the very small ones, by spending very little.
Surely the first reason I chose Veeam Backup & Replication was the price. Then I discovered that the interface, although not very user friendly, is very complete, full of functions and allows you to manage all corporate backups in a single window.
Unfortunately I have not yet been able to benefit from the NAS / File-share backup solution as we have not yet implemented a NAS in our company although we will be implementing it very soon.