Lean on Veeam
December 29, 2021
Lean on Veeam
Score 9 out of 10
Veeam Backup & Replication
Overall Satisfaction with Veeam Backup & Replication
Backups are plain and simple. No miss and very little fuss. Veeam allows us to deploy a backup solution to a number of customer environments and integrates well with our VMware hypervisor. Veeam gives us lots of flexibility with who has access and its ease of use allows us to trust our less skilled admins to perform simple tasks.
- Easy to use and understand interface
- Alerting and monitoring of the backup infrastructure
- Error reports and knowledge base links for troubleshooting.
- More detailed insight into failure reporting. Often I see a job will "fail" but all the objects succeeded.
- We just recently discovered encryption options, wish these were more prominent in the GUI.
- License renewal should be in the B&R software not Enterprise Manager.
Do you think Veeam Data Platform Foundation delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Veeam Data Platform Foundation's feature set?
Did Veeam Data Platform Foundation live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Veeam Data Platform Foundation go as expected?
Would you buy Veeam Data Platform Foundation again?
- Veeam has enabled us to provide a standard of quality and peace of mind to our customers
- Backups are thankless and in the background, but when they are needed we are glad we have them. Veeam allows us to not think about whether or not we are protected.
- It's paid for itself 100 times over in data restoration and protection.
Hypervisor environments with lots of virtualized servers. Windows file servers or other file storage solutions. SQL servers and databases as well as Active Directory servers. The application-level backups are excellent. Replication I have found less useful overall, but very useful in migrating servers between connected hypervisors