Overall Satisfaction with Veeam Backup & Replication
Veeam Backup is the platform we use to back up all servers. We mostly have physical machines, while we have a few virtual Linux machines hosted through libvirtd. Linux virtual hosted environment libvirtd is supported within Veeam virtual servers, so it acts as a Linux physical server. Our environment is a mix of Windows and Linux servers.
- Application-centric recovery using Veeam Explorers (for Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint, etc)
- Capacity Tier to store data within object storage for longer term retention
- Linux backups.
- Rotated external drives.
- Reporting (excluding the separate product Veeam ONE).
- Understanding the backup process - seems overly complicated.
- capacity tier vs performance tier vs backup copy.
Do you think Veeam Data Platform delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Veeam Data Platform's feature set?
Did Veeam Data Platform live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Veeam Data Platform go as expected?
Would you buy Veeam Data Platform again?
About ten physical servers. A couple of windows servers and the rest Linux.
- Provides the platform necessary to ensure backups and their integrity.
- Helps to reduce disaster risks.
We don't really have any servers or workloads in the cloud to utilize all the capabilities for Veeam Backup and Replication. However, we do store backups in the cloud using Azure. This feature works very well. Offloading backups storage to the cloud also allows us to have extra peace of mind our backups are stored offsite.
It certainly works and works well. It does not seem to impact the servers much while performing a backup, either the Linux server or windows based servers. The Linux agent works well but can be tricky to install on older versions of distributions. We have done several restores and have not had issues. I like the flexibility the restores options have. Can restore to original file/folder or somewhere else. The virtual machine features look great, but that does not suit our environment currently.