Overall Satisfaction with Vertex
We use Vertex for sales transactions in the US and Vertex Returns for filing US sales and use tax returns.
- Advanced ability to add rules to modify the tax calculation
- Ability to automate consumers use of tax
- Advanced reporting capabilities
- The layout of the settings isn't as intuitive as it could be
- There should be more standard reports available
- There should be a dashboard on the main page that shows analytical data on current trends
- Ability to handle a large volume of transactions with accuracy, reduced audit risk
- Seamless integration with Vertex Returns, makes filing returns seamless
- Tax content support
- Tax accuracy
The ability to add tax rules to comply with unique tax requirements is the greatest benefit Vertex provides. Vertex also has the ability to handle consumers' use tax that many other tax software vendors do not. This is a very important requirement for manufacturing companies. The support we get with Vertex is amazing. They always respond promptly.
Avalara does not have the ability to write custom rules within the software to handle complex tax scenarios. It also does not have the ability to automate consumers use tax. If you have a complex ERP such as Oracle or SAP, Avalara will not be able to provide you support since they did not write the integrations. Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE is similar to Vertex. Whether you would select between Thomson Reuters ONESOURCE or Vertex would depend on your ERP, pricing, and your preference for what your user interface looks like. A major plus Vertex has is that it is seamless with Vertex Returns. Vertex has a much better returns software.
Do you think Vertex delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Vertex's feature set?
Did Vertex live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Vertex go as expected?
Would you buy Vertex again?
I have used Vertex for years. Vertex is a great option for users with complex tax requirements, and it is the best option for companies with complex ERP's such as Oracle and SAP. For companies such as manufacturing, the ability to automate use tax for purchasing transactions is a huge plus. Vertex may not be a great option for a small company with low transaction volume, a basic ERP system with very simple tax requirements.