A Decade with VinSolutions.
April 28, 2022
A Decade with VinSolutions.
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with VinSolutions
VinSolutions is our CRM - Customer Relations Manager. It is used in our sales department (the service uses a different platform). Vin is our go-to for interacting with customers, making notes, working leads, etc. All leads from all sources enter into VinSolutions and notify the proper employee/s to start communicating. We use it to email customers about everything and anything, we make notes and tasks for employees so as not to forget things. Essentially, VinSolutions is super important for the sales department. In Marketing, I also use VinSolutions to pull customer lists to be able to market to them in email campaigns.
- Receiving leads from all website and third-party sources, and notifying employees when leads come in.
- Looking up reports. There are premade reports, and you can create your own reports to pull, or even to pull automatically at certain times.
- Settings roles and authorizations for employees, so they do not have too much access to alter the way they want to use it, but it's set upper manager's request.
- Because VinSolutions is able to pull customers lists, they also made a campaigns manager that allows you to create marketing emails and send them out. However, after the initial launch they never updated it, it seems. It would be the best thing...if it was 2005.
- This customer lists that I like to export to upload into my own email software, I can't get the actual list myself - I have to contact my Vin rep for them to give me. These lists are not the same, nor have the same filters, as the report lists that Vin does provide dealers. So, I prefer the other.
- Communicating with customers and documenting it.
- Receiving and processing phone/internet leads.
- Reviewing and analyzing reports for ROI and employee training opportunities.
- Not sure about our financial investment in VinSolutions, but we have been with them for over 10 years, so our management keeps choosing it over other options (we have reviewed others in the past recommended by our dealer group).
- Positive impact on keeping our customers...ours. This avoids sales consultants recording their customers in some random ledger of their own...and then taking that list with them when they leave - especially to another dealership. This ensures that each person is the dealership's customer, and not the salesperson's customer.
- History is recorded, and we never know what we need until we run into an issue. VinSolutions is our go-to for many past communications and transactions. It provides a 'road to the sale' story that managers can pull up to help them navigate concerns.
Do you think VinSolutions delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with VinSolutions's feature set?
Did VinSolutions live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of VinSolutions go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy VinSolutions again?
It is well suited to customer communication - emails/calls/texts. It helps with all those. You are able to get personal by adding notes to remember in the future, or tasks to complete down the road. It keeps history, so no salesperson can argue who did want and who gets the credit. Essentially, it is the final word - if the employee doesn't record it in Vin - then it didn't happen and anyone can help a customer. Seems to be less appropriate for actual marketing-related activities (as mentioned with their campaign manager).