Overall Satisfaction with VMware Site Recovery Manager
VMware Site Recovery Manager has been used to set up disaster recovery on all Tier 1 application servers. It is used across the whole organization. It address the issue of any failure or outage on [our] primary data center.
- Very easy to set up disaster recovery.
- Easy to manage and troubleshoot any issue.
- One click to failover and failback.
- Data sync is live and very consistent.
- Pre-configuration of DR IP so after failover all VMs automatically bring up new IPs, no further configuration required.
- Excellent VMware support in case of any failure.
- Disaster recovery set up and configuration can be verified by running tests in test mode and capture the test results.
- Priority level, server dependencies can be pre-configured.
- Missing plug-in in VI Client.
- Better customer service.
- Employees actually like to work on VMware Site Recovery manager and are very happy to see the overall out come.
- Storage Level replication and manual failover /failback
Automatic vs manual efforts.
Using VMware Site Recovery Manager
Application stack holders , all Tier 1 application servers configured under SRM for disaster recovery.
- Disaster recovery
- Easy to move workloads to DR site in case of hardware maintenance
- point in time snapshot base replication, less chance of data loss and corruption
- we use script for IP customization and DNS update for Linux VMs
- Manual failover workload by mounting storage Lun snapshot and make it read/write on DR site
VMware SRM Support
Excellent support provides by VMware , understand the issue and provide quick resolution
Problems get solved
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Not kept informed