Overall Satisfaction with VMware Workstation Pro
I currently use VMware Workstation Pro to manage the VM's in our production environment as well as some locally hosted test machines that may or may not go into production. Workstation allows me to access all of my clusters and VM's with ease on a client based environment rather that web portal based access which can sometime be subpar.
- Not HTML based - Web applications are not always the best method to access VM's
- Isolation - VM's can be pulled off production networks for testing in a safe environment
- Operability - The interface mirrors the HTML format giving the user all of the features necessary to modify, access and manage VM's
- Stability - The client will sometimes randomly crash
- Consistency - I have run into issues where VM hardware can only be modified through vSphere so you must bounce back and fourth from time to time
Do you think VMware Workstation Pro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with VMware Workstation Pro's feature set?
Did VMware Workstation Pro live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of VMware Workstation Pro go as expected?
Would you buy VMware Workstation Pro again?
Workstation Pro is well suited for both small and enterprise level applications. Home labs and small businesses can use it to manage a few VM's and massive scale corporations will have the ability to operate multiple clusters across multiple domains all in one setting. I find it most useful for offline application testing on VM's prior to migration into production.