Overall Satisfaction with Windows Azure
Our whole organization uses Azure. We have set it up to automate the build of test environments for deploying code for clients as well as set up instances of our infrastructure on the cloud. Azure has also become part of our DR plan as it is a great place to restore cloud backups of critical infrastructure VMs and get back up and running very quickly. Our developers love it, our Infrastructure consultants love it, our organization is having a ball with it. Prices are also very competitive as it is cheaper than Amazon.
- The Quick provisioning of resources via VMM or Powershell script
- Create development servers for testing code and applications
- Create disaster recovery instances ready for DR Restores
- Spin up standalone SQL or IIS sites without the overhead of a full server
- Office 365 Azure AD single sign on into other cloud applications (CRM, ERP, etc)
- Make it cheaper. Apply Moore's law to the pricing structure.
- Lessened the need to buy metal server infrastructure for the ongoing development in SharePoint (saved on capital costs)
- Saved me time from building development servers as we have automated that for users with a Self Service (increased employee efficiency)
Azure is cheaper and the interface is easier. Also plays very nicely with Linux and Microsoft products