Xamarin for cross-platform mobile applications
Overall Satisfaction with Xamarin
Xamarin is used by our product development team to create Android and iOS mobile applications. With Xamarin we can create cross platform mobile applications fast and easy without leaving the Visual Studio environment. It’s convenient because it allows us code applications using C# programming while taking advantage of Visual Studio debugging tools. We are pleased with Xamarin so far.
- Allows development of cross-platform mobile applications in C# language without the need to learning new languages.
- Access to Visual studio debugging tools
- It's free and has a growing community
- Allows use of Visual studio IDE
- Occasional crashing of the application
- Online community still growing. Less documentation online
- Experienced problems with Code signing and deployment with IOS
- Saves development time and deliver fast.
- Allows inhouse developers build both Android and iOS application without switching languages.
- Allows use coding in C# in Visual studio IDE from which we can code in different languages. We don't need multiple IDEs installed